Chapter Three

Promise it will get more action-packed and less introduction like soon! Can't wait to hear which characters you like/dislike. Once again I promise to tie in the main HP characters after the first part! To your right is how I pictured Charlie!

Chapter Three

"Hurry Idella!" Emmie shouted through the door. "I don't want to be late." Idella rolled her eyes looking at me as she finished touching up her mascara. I left my brown hair down straight and put on minimal makeup as it was way too early for my liking.

"Calm the hell down Emmie," Idella called back through the door. I was dressed and ready to go. The house elf kindly left us breakfast in Idella's room. Once again, she was moving slow. Back at school I was always the one rushing her to get to class on time. Idella was as smart as can be, but loved her sleep. "Let's get going then," she said turning to me with a rushed sigh. The two of us walked down the stairs to meet up with the rest of her family. I took advantage of staring out at the beautiful view one last time.

"Annabelle went ahead," Tomas explained to us. "Can you two promise to keep Emmie and Wiley with you until you reach the ferries?" I nodded while Idella groaned.

"I don't need a babysitter," Emmie snapped. She was entering her fourth year and Wiley was entering his second year.

"Stick with them until you get to the ferry," Tomas repeated looking at Emmie. "Well off you all go. Have a great year." Wiley hugged them both goodbye as I thanked them for letting me stay the night. We then took the Floo network one by one to old Salem Village. I wish we got to spend more time in the beautiful brick village, but then again I was just as anxious to get to the castle. From there we walked to the Ferries along the harbor. Emmie trailed behind us looking annoyed as Wiley rushed in front of us.

He was excited to go back, he always told me how much he loved it at Salem. But even he knew something was going on in the Wizarding World. It was only a ten minute walk alongside the shore and the weather was beautiful today. I looked at the boats in jealously, wishing I could be laying on one of those at the moment taking in the sun. The town of Salem was beautiful, especially in the fall. Around October this area was packed with tourist from all over the world. We were always allowed to leave the Academy on Halloween and venture around Salem. I looked forward to it every year. As we got closer I could see the line of students already forming by the dock. "Idella! Bradley!" I heard someone call. I turned to see Charlie rushing over.

His parents trailed behind him. They were muggles and he was an only child. I can only imagine their shock when they found out. I've met them on a few occasions, very friendly they were. "Hi," they said to the two of us as we met up. We both said hello back. Charlie looked extremely tan. We always have a 'competition' to see who has the best tan when school starts. A few times I have won. Idella was hopeless, in fact she came back either fire red or covered in freckles. Charlie held his arm out next to mine. "I win," he said with a smirk.

Charlie resided in California in the summer and travelled over here for school. They flew on a muggle plane which I found fascinating. I have never and would never be able to fly on a plane because of my father. If he was afraid of vehicles then I cannot imagine him every letting me on a flying one. Charlie hugged his parents goodbye and then the three of us headed over towards the ferries. Wiley was already ahead, reuniting with his friends. The second year boys were playfully pushing one another around while pretending to push each other off the dock. Emmie rolled her eyes as she passed and reunited with her close-knit group of friends. For being only fourteen she was rather mature.

Several ferries went out at once. Charlie, Idella, and I managed to get the last few seats on the top deck. Idella put a baseball hat on to keep the sun from her face. "Hi Charlie," a few girls called as we passed. Several girls here were a little too obsessed with Charlie. He was my best friend, but I couldn't deny his good looks. Sometimes I wondered why he hung out with me in the first place, but he was like a brother. He was paired up with Idella and I back in our first year potions final assignment, from there he became one of our best friends. Charlie was tall, tan, and had that California charm all of the girls loved. He responded kindly to them, even flashed a flirty smile, but turned his head to talk to us. Idella and I shared a look, every year was the same.