Chapter Eighteen

Wow, this turned out to be a really long chapter. I didn't even realize how long it was going to be! Hope its not too long for you. Next one will be back to my usual. Enjoy!

Chapter Eighteen

The downside of my new found relationship... Grant knew and was pissed at Kent. He would barely speak to him and spent every second glaring at the two of us from a distance. The plus side, we didn't have to hide our relationship anymore considering all along we were only trying to keep it from Grant. I didn't rush into advertising it around the school, because I could tell how horrible Kent felt about his friend. At first Kent went on and on about how he was a backstabbing horrible friend who broke the guy code. Then he went onto to being afraid that Grant was going to treat me even worse than he had before. I assured him not to worry about me and that he should try maybe talking to him and explaining things. Unfortunately, that didn't work out too well.

Charlie was beyond excited to get back on his broom for the Quidditch game that day. He was dressed and ready to go an hour earlier than usual. Irdrea was facing Agrethance once more. Being the seeker, he had an important role to fill and the team did horrible when he was on his ban. Idella and I went to watch the game. I was torn between which side to support. Of course I supported Irdrea and Charlie, but then again Kent was playing for Agrethance. These games were usually very intense with points from scoring goals getting extremely close. Yet today was different, Irdrea had eighty points from scoring goals while Agrethance had absolutely none. I felt somewhat guilty for their poor plays today. Grant and Kent were not working well together at all. They were both Chasers. When it came to scoring goals, rather than passing it to Kent, Grant would shoot from across the field and completely miss because he was too stubborn to pass it. It was throwing the entire team off. There was no cooperation. On the plus side, Irdrea gained another win in the end after Charlie caught the snitch. If Agrethance continued playing this way, it would be Irdrea and Eztoprea in the finals.

"Can you believe him?" Kent complained as he met me after the game. "Letting his bitterness ruin the entire game for the team."

"I saw," I replied slowly, still feeling a bit of guilt. "He shouldn't bring his grudges on the field. But it's just one game. I'm sure you'll do better at the next one.

"

"Hopefully," Kent agreed taking my hand as we walked up to the castle. I watched as people around us stared. Everyone knew we were together now and I loved every minute of it. We no longer had to remain in secret.

The next month passed quickly as it was almost winter break. Grant wouldn't talk to Kent and his grudge also lost them their next game. I felt guilty for ruining a longtime friendship. Kent and I spent a lot more time together though. On one if our weekends, Kent and I went into Salem with Idella and Colin for lunch and some shopping. Finally, I no longer felt like a  third wheel.

Charlie was back in his Quidditch mood, practicing on all his free time. Selina was around at times, but wasn't truly around. Her situation was only getting worse and there was nothing I could do about it. Her and Cole were practically inseparable and it actually surprised me. Usually I would watch Cole flirt with a variety of girls, but now he went straight to Selina. He used to walk by and grin smugly at all the dreamy looks girls were giving him, but he didn't even notice those girls anymore as they walked down the hall. His gaze was always on Selina. I guess they really did like one another, it was completely messed up, but it was real.