Chapter Twenty One

Finished all of part one! There are only 2 more chapters left. I haven't started writing part 2, I will soon, but I was wondering what you would like or expect to see in the next part with the original HP characters?

Chapter Twenty One

Weeks passed. The end of February was nearing and we now were constantly busy with apparition lessons. Selina got away with using Icorany, and it was all thanks to me. I had to lie to protect her secret in order for her to keep mine. She remained in the hospital for the rest of that weekend and I visited her to explain what happened exactly. When she woke up she was terrified. Selina didn't remember much from that night, she said it was practically a blur. Hopefully this near death experience will get her to stop. It would be tough stopping because of withdrawals. She looked rough even after a full days away from Icorany, but hopefully it was a wake up call.

"Before you go," Selina called as I turned to leave. "How did Cole find out about this?"

"When Charlie and I brought you to the infirmary we ran into him," I told her. "If you died, it would have been half of his fault." His fault for getting her into Icorany and her fault for being stupid enough to use it.

"He told me he wasn't supplying me anymore," Selina whispered lowly. "So I guess you have nothing to worry about then." Wow. Maybe Cole did realize that what he was doing was wrong. So deep down, he did have emotions in there somewhere. I nodded before I left. That was good to hear.

After that, she returned to classes as if nothing happened. I noticed things between her and Cole seemed tense. They weren't as attached to each other as they used to be. Actually it more like Selina wasn't attached to him anymore. In class or in the hallway he would go over to her, but somehow she would slip away. Thea and Nelly weren't even around her as much. Selina was alone. She did make Charlie's day though when she thanked him for helping her.

Apart from that we began our Apparition lessons as it reached mid-February. Kent was a lifesaver when it came to apparition tips because it was harder than I imagined. Colin splinched in our second lesson so Idella was always with him at the hospital. Charlie was very busy with Quidditch practice because he wanted to be captain next year. Most of my time was spent with Kent. After the fire incident in front of Grant, we avoided him at all costs. He continued pestering me about it for weeks after. He would call me a freak and say that he knew what he saw. Luckily no one believed him since he was obsessively drinking that night.

As time passed and classes got harder, the thought of my father still didn't leave my mind. I wrote to him once but got no response. Idella and I investigated Lucius Malfoy a bit more but couldn't find much. They kept information like that rather secretive. It was clear Lucius Malfoy was a Death Eater and friends with Cal, but that was all we knew. We couldn't find anything going on at the Ministry. Whatever was happening, it was being kept very secretive. Idella once suggested experimenting with my 'fire-proof' ability. Without me knowing, she researched history on fire magic and wanted to try a few things. When our dorm was for once empty, we decided to try a few things out.

"Well it's clear fire has no effect on you, but the question is, is that all? Can you control it in any way?" she asked. "Let's start with Incendio. Try it nonverbally." I tried it and at first it didn't work, but I felt something. Without thinking I lifted my hand up so that my palm was flat and facing the ceiling. Two more tries later and an actual spark formed, it didn't last long but it formed. As I kept trying it I managed to create a ball of flames, but it took a lot of energy out of me.