Chapter Twelve

Thank you for reading! x More twists on the way! Hope you're liking it!

Chapter Twelve

Being back with Kent was more than I could ever ask for. It felt like a thousand pound weight was lifted off my chest now that he was with me and safe. I could tell Selina was getting a bit annoyed with how clingy we were being, but I think it was jealously more than anything. She made several did comments on how Cole was gone for long periods of time. November quickly passed. Selina was sitting the small office room while Kent and I were on the couch just talking. He leaned in and kissed me. "I can't believe how long we were apart," he said once more shaking his head. "Never again." I nodded in agreement. "But something's still bothering you?" He noticed. I shrugged.

"My dad," I answered without having to explain. It's been my main concern now that Kent was back. I of course thought of Idella, Charlie, Harry, Ron, and Hermione, but at least those three had the chance to run. My father had to remain with the Death Eaters for protection, and wasn't that ironic?

"I'm sure he is alright Bradley," Kent assured me. "Like you said it was obvious he had absolutely no idea you were in the ministry at the time. He has no information so there's nothing they'll want from him." Hopefully.

"And my uncle," I continued. "I never saw him again after that day."

"Neither did I," Kent agreed. "Then again I was only there for two days." We sat in silence for a moment. "Show me the fire you used," he said changing the subject. I smiled and concentrated. As I practiced it got easier, I came more natural. Raising my palm I conjured flames to cover my hand. "Incredible."

"I suppose," I said with a shrug.

We stayed like that for an hour and watched the time pass. Then we heard Cole arrive. The two of us got up to see if Cole had any news for us. Yet Cole didn't look excited. "Get your things," he commanded to us.

"What?" I asked in surprise. He was kicking us out?

"Get your things!" He yelled nervously. First time I heard him in a panicked tone. "Damn it, you have seconds!" Kent and I jumped up and did what he said. I shoved everything in my bag. He rushed around getting rid of any plates or signs that people were here. "You too!" he yelled at Selina who froze in surprise.

"Me?" she asked in disbelief.

"They're onto me and a few other guys," Cole yelled quickly. He didn't need to specify 'they'. Death Eaters. "Someone tipped them off, that they're making surprise visits to investigate the 'betrayers' homes. He rolled his eyes. "Betray them? As if I work for them?" Cole scoffed moving chairs around. "I don't work for anyone." Cole was only out for his own good and we all knew that. So the Death Eaters probably realized it too and made him a suspect.

"Why do I have to go?" Selina argued. "It's them they want!" She pointed towards Kent and I. "What would they do to me?" That was true. Her father was the US Minister of Magic and working with the Death Eaters. She was safe when it came to them.

"I don't want you involved with those people Selina! You don't know what they're like," he yelled quickly to her with a serious expression. "Just get your stuff." Selina gave him a wary look before running and getting her bag. It took her a minute but she was back by the time I got my stuff together.