Chapter Five

Thanks for reading x To your right is how I imagined Kent.

Chapter Five

Once Idella was dressed and ready to go, we managed to make it for the last five minutes of breakfast before we had to leave for class. Luckily our schedules were similar. We had all of our non-electives together. Irdrea students were known for sitting in the front of the classroom, which Idella and I did. The two of us sat in the front row closest to the window. After placing my books on the table and getting out my parchment and quill, I admired the view from the window. We were right along the coast and I watched as the soft waves crashed upon the rocks while Idella turned around to speak with Colin. Charlie was seated next to him but the Agrethance girls in the row behind them were distracting him with their obvious flirting. This class was strictly sixth years so I didn't have to worry about running into Grant at least.

While admiring the beautiful view, a peculiar feeling was appearing in my hands. I sat up straighter and moved my fingers around. Suddenly there was an itching sensation in my hands and they began getting hot. How strange...I stared at them while twirling my wrists around. "Bradley..." Idella said in a confused tone. I turned to my right to see Idella and Colin staring at me...along with a few other students. "Something wrong?"

"No," I responded quickly putting my hands on the table. "Nothing at all." I smiled reassuringly and she nodded with a laugh. The itch and burn was slowly disappearing and although I was curious as to why, I decided to let it go. Maybe it was back to school nerves?

The class quickly filled up as the start time was approaching. I looked around and saw that Selina and her friends were entering the room. They took the seats in the back. Not long after, Professor Rastrick entered at the sound of the bell. She was short and on the heavier side with graying brown hair, but always wore a pleasant smile. "Good morning and welcome back," she said as she made her way to the front of the room in her dark purple robes. "Welcome to another year of charms. I'll start with attendance." I was always one of the last students called since my last name began with W. Bancroft was called, Charlie was always near the beginning. "Beckingham, Selina," she called. Looking out of the corner of my eye, Selina simply raised her hand without looking up. "Oh Selina, have you heard anything from Sofia? I've been thinking of all those over in England and Scotland."

Selina looked up with a cold expression. "We haven't heard from her in months actually," Selina stated bored. That wasn't technically the truth. Selina hasn't heard from her sister in months, but her parents have. Professor Rastrick's face flushed with sympathy.

"Oh dear," she exclaimed sadly. "Well I hope the best for her. Lovely girl, great student." Selina's face flashed utter distaste as she looked away from Professor Rastrick and over at the bookshelf next to her. The attendance was continued, reaching my name, and ending with 'Wilkinson, Andrew'. I have had Professor Rastrick on several other occasions and she was a great teacher. She always began the year with an overview of the course and taught us a few quick and easy charms.

Next we all had Herbology with Professor Cadwallader. He was the Head of House for Irdrea so I loved having him as a teacher. He also taught Potions. Professor Cadwallader was in Irdrea when he went to Salem so he shared similar qualities to our house. He was very organized and knew much about the subjects he was teaching. The broad, light haired man was sitting up front at his desk simply reading a book. He once told us that he read ten new books every week in order to increase his knowledge. Unlike Professor Rastrick, he liked to jump right into things and assigned us a week long assignment. I was paired up with Charlie and we had to take on a Venomous Tentacula. Of course on the first day Professor Cadwallader assigns us to work with one of the most dangerous plants. Yet I liked a challenge and Charlie seemed entertained by the plant.