2

I must say, y'all either really love Maverick, or don't understand what Nyla is feeling at all based on the comments I've read lol.

Maybe I'm just different. *shrugs*

Anywhoreee....

INLINE COMMENTS

20+

ENJOY♥

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Nyla POV

My mind feels so disturbed these days. I haven't been able to think straight since Maverick mentioned the joint custody thing. I mean, I love his bond with Sky, it genuinely makes me happy. But not being with her almost everyday is gonna kill me.

"Baby, would you like to switch between Mommy's house and Daddy's house every week?" I ask Sky as we head to her preschool. I didn't want this by any means but it's better to go about it cordially and without getting court involved like Sahara said could happen.

"Like taking turns?"

"Yes." I frown glancing in the rear view mirror every now and then.

"I would love it Mommy. But I would like staying all together better." She shrugs.

"Okay sweetie." I nod. If only it was that easy.

"Are we gonna start doing that?" She asks as I walk her down the hall. We stop in front of her classroom and I squat down in front of her.

"Yes. When Sunday morning gets here Daddy is going to pick you up, and Mommy won't see you until the next Sunday." I frown moving her hair from her face. "But we will talk about it later okay?"

"Okay." She nods. "Gimme kiss." She smiles. I laugh kissing her cheek.

"I love you, and be good okay?" I stand back up.

"I love you too Mommy." She waves before going into the room, taking my heart with her.

"This will not only save us money but bring us in even more!" I nod to the group of men before me, ending my presentation.

"I can't say I don't agree with you Nyla." Brian leans back in his chair, staring at my powerpoint on the board. In this particular bi-weekly meeting, it's pretty much all partners, including Maverick and his father.

"Question," Rob began. "say we do this solar panel instead, wouldn't that take from our electrical company partners." he challenges. Another reason he was intriguing to me, he was constantly challenging me. I've always loved a challenge. They all nod in agreement.

"Good question Mr.  Harris." I nod.  "I'll have to keep in mind you're somewhat new and aren't familiar with our numbers. Considering they make up only 1.3% of our partnerships, I don't think we'll be missing anything at all. We keep the companies we're actually benefiting from, and get rid of the ones we don't need. Consider it a... detox." I smile with a shrug. They all laugh.

"I have a question." Maverick speaks. All eyes went to him, then back to me. The whole office was aware that we shared a child and we usually kept it professional during these meetings.

"Yes." I sit my pen down.

"After the cost of the solar panels, installation, the balance of systems, labor, permits, inspections, operational fees, I'm sure you catch my drift, would it really be worth the expenses? According to your PowerPoint that I'm sure you worked very hard on, we would be dishing out more than we are now. Residential systems end up costing anywhere between $15,000 and $40,000. That's around how much we're dishing out now a month in electrical funds. Meaning for this particular company it would be like 15 times that amount. Don't get me wrong, I support you one hundred percent Ms. Gordon, however, going green doesn't always save you green." He says. He basically just shut down my whole theory on energy saving for the company. I take a deep breath.