11

Happy Easter from my little bunnies! ❤️ I am soooo sorry for such a late update. I barely have enough time to do anything between being a mom, girlfriend, and working.

These days with everything going on, I just wanna say be safe and STAY HOME if you don't have to be out. Buttttttt this corona shit is beyond sketch. What y'all think?

This update is short because I'm doing it from my phone and I just wanna set the tone for the chapters to come. There is a year time hop bc it feels like that's how long I haven't updated. I promise to be more consistent bc I didn't realize how therapeutic writing these stories are so I am backkkkk! I will try my hardest to update every Sunday before 8pm EST.

Anywhoreeeeeee...

INLINE COMMENTS!

ENJOY ❤️
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Nyla POV

"Skylynn Summers!" I yell through the hallway. I stood at the door of my bedroom waiting for her. My patience has been running thin with her this week. She's almost 5 and thanks to Maverick is a spoiled brat. To make matters worse, she's developed my attitude. Heels clicked down the hall and she pokes her head around the corner.

"Yes Mommy?"

"What are you wearing?" I cross my arms.

"Nothing." Her face turned red giving herself away as if I didn't know she'd been in my closet again.

"So, you're naked?"

"No." she giggles. I take a deep breath.

"Sky. If you're gonna sneak into my closet and steal my clothes after I've asked you not to the least you can do is make it look like you didn't. My closet is a mess now."

"It wasn't me Mommy." She rolls her eyes.

"Okay, well come here and let me see what you're wearing. Right now."

"Fine." She steps from behind the corner revealing her wearing my leather mini skirt as a dress, tied with a hair bow to fit and my red bottoms.

"Sky, those things are very expensive." I groan. "Go take it off now and get my closet back cleaned up or you're in trouble."

"I never get in trouble with Daddy." She rolls her eyes and storms off. See?

"Well I'm not your dad." I call after her.

I sat on my bed scrolling through some files on my MacBook while watching Sky clean my closet. Macy sat at my feet like always. She was getting older and older and it's sad to watch. I think that's why Maverick wanted me to keep her.

Maverick... I would like to think we were doing great with the whole coparenting thing. We probably argue once a month and it's usually over something Sky has said or done. Other than that, we pass her off to one another peacefully and we communicate when necessary. It felt weird in a way. His efforts stopped about a year ago, and it was hard but I moved on. Not to someone new just from the situation really. But, I do have this fling I like to get up with every now and then. In fact, he's calling me now.

Maverick POV

I throw my last few jabs at the punching bag before stepping away to answer my phone.

"Hello?" I say trying to steady my breath.

"Hey handsome." Ari says through the phone.

"What's up?" I wipe my face. Ari was a friend, maybe a little benefit every now and then. But she was cool and she models for a local magazine. Super cliche but we met at a coffee shop and she insisted on getting my number. She's brown skin and has low cut natural hair. I thought it was pretty cool because she had this neat design shaved into the back of her head.

"Was just seeing if you were up for some Caribbean food with me tonight?"

"Damn I would but I have to get my baby girl in like an hour."

"She can come too." She says in a duh tone. I wouldn't do that for more reasons than one. Sky made it clear I'm not allowed to have girlfriends so I highly doubt she would handle that well.

"Maybe another time."

"Why are you out of breath my guy?" She laughs. Her tone said it all. She was doing that thing women do to imply something in the form of a question. But I knew she liked me more than a friend too. So I tried my hardest to make it known we aren't a thing every chance she gave me.

"You questioning me now?" I laugh. Based on previous experience, I figured it's  better to disregard the question than give her an explanation because at that point we might as well be a couple because she'll  forever think I owe her an explanation.

"Not quite just curious."

"Although curiosity is the teacher of all things, I suggest you don't be." I smirk to myself. I don't find pleasure in making her mind wonder like it's probably doing but I do want her to bear in mind we aren't exclusive.

"Understood. Well I'll talk to you soon." She hangs up. Women.

I patiently lay in my hammock waiting for Nyla to pull up with Sky.

Nyla... The exclusion from knowing what's going on in her life used to drive me up the wall. I can honestly say I've fallen back from trying to make her take me back for a year now. And I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing but I know deep down there will always be a part of me waiting for her. But for now, being a dad and running my dads business is what's most important to me now.

That's it.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
thoughts? opinions? suggestions?

Next update WILL be up by Sunday and I wanna know what you guys think should happen 👀