9

What y'all not gone do is attack Nyla for no reason. What's the hate about?

Sorry for the long wait (again) but I vow to make sure I update AT LEAST once a week from now on.

What do you think about Mr. Bradshaw so far? Ain't it crazy how everyone has heart eyes for Nyla? lol.

Anywhoreeeee...

INLINE COMMENTS

20+

ENJOY!

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Maverick POV

My main focus has become to push Nyla as far as I could to the back of my mind. It's been working for the most part. But it's hard when literally everything reminds me of her in some way or another. I felt selfish for trying to move things forward with Leah knowing that I have these feelings still. But I figured maybe seeing someone else would help me.

"Zip me up?" she says coming out of my bathroom. I slide the zipper on the back of her dress up as fast as I could without catching her skin. "Thank you." she turns to face me with a big smile. "I'm really glad you decided to let me be your plus one Maverick. Despite your daughter's mom not being too fond of me."

"I'm glad you could come." I smile back.

"Just give me like ten minutes and I'll be ready to go." she kisses my cheek, the goes back to the bathroom. I take a seat on the edge of the bed, slightly anxious. Only because I'm not sure how things are going to go tonight. I'm pretty sure it won't be anything extraordinary, but I'm still slightly nervous.

I must admit, I don't care for car rides with Leah. And I haven't since day one. She does this weird thing where she faces me the entire time, even in a seat belt. It doesn't even look slightly comfortable. Yet, here she is doing it in a dress. I've kept my thoughts to myself because she begged me not to be 'weird' about it. So I kept my eyes on the road the whole entire drive each time.

I question whether I look for reasons to find her unattractive or if she's just not what I'm into but again, seeing someone else may help me get over Nyla. Everyone has their own unusual habits I guess.

When we arrived at Smoke on the Water it was relieving to see that not everyone had made it yet. We found ourselves near a corner of the lobby waiting with my colleagues.

"She would be late to a dinner she's paying for." Brian says glancing at his watch. I almost said something but I bit my tongue. For one, I'm eavesdropping and something told me that wouldn't be the only thing to come out of his ignorant ass mouth.

"You know Nyla is high class, she just wants to be fashionably late."

"More like MIA with the new partner." he laughs. "Like how can she give everyone else that wants her a chance and not me. The cowboy, the lesbian, and now the Bachelor." they share a laugh.