7

I'm sorry guys, but y'all might as well get used to the pics of my cub. 😻 At least you guys get to watch him transform too lol. He will be nine months at the beginning of December and is on the verge of taking his first step. He can say yes, no, and bye. And he is probably the only alarm clock that has actually been able to wake me up. LOVE HIM!

Anywhoreeeeee....

I JUST TURNED 21 ON THE 14th AND A BITCH MIGHT HAVE BECOME A DAY DRINKER.... we won't speak too much on that though lolol.

This update isn't that long bc I'm using my phone and it's hard to type out 5,000 words on this shit. But this is just so that y'all catch a gist of how things are gonna be for a while.

Without further ado. As promised, here's the update!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Maverick POV

Something's been off about Nyla. I can't really tell what it is, or what has caused it but something is just different. She's blown me off for the past week and a half. I mean she's already a terrible liar but at this point I feel like her excuses that she's giving me are insulting my intelligence.

I furrow my eyebrows in aggravation as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"It's only stressing me out because I don't know if we're on the same page with everything." I say to Ben with a sigh.

"I'm sure she's as busy as she says man. And it only makes sense for her to be busy now the has to fill up all the free time from joint custody." He shrugs.

"Sky's with her." I shake my head. "So that's not a logical reason really. She has a whole week, while I have Sky, to throw together her spreadsheets and stuff."

"I'm just saying man. Hell just talk to her. Find out where head is for real this time. Whatever you gotta do to make this dark cloud around you disappear. You're depressing man." He says. "I'll even supervise the workers for ya."

"Mm. I'll be back shortly."

I contemplated turning around the whole way here, because I didn't want to seem pushy by demanding that Nyla communicates with me better than she has been lately. But communication is key.

I take a deep breath, stepping off the elevator. Upon walking into Nyla's office, I expected things to get ugly but what I didn't expect to see was her and Trish in each other's personal space as they looked at her computer. I notice Sahara sitting on the chair scrolling through her phone. Suddenly all eyes went to me.

"Nyla, can I talk to you for a minute please. Alone." I felt uneasy, and the longer I stood there, the longer I felt like I was going to break a sweat.

"Excuse me." Nyla says more to Trish, who kept her eyes on me. We step outside her office, shutting the door behind us. We take a couple steps down the hall. "What would you like to talk about?" She says with a blank expression.

"Us maybe? Nyla I'm just a little confused as to what we're doing here. You keep blowing me off for some bullshit ass reasons and I just don't know-"

"Maverick, this is not the time or the place. So stop while you're ahead."

"What do you mean? You're here more than home now apparently, so this seems to be the only place I can get your attention for more than five minutes a day."

"Really? I'm not doing this right now. We can talk about it later." She turns to walk away.

"Do not walk away from me Nyla." I felt my temper getting shorter with every step she continued to take before I finally grabbed her wrist, pulling her body back in my direction. "Whatever is going on in there isn't half as important as fixing our family."