3

It wouldn't have been right if I didn't use Donnell Blaylock Jr as my Robert character.

He's literally enough to make me question my preference white men lmfaaooooo

This update is really short by the way. 

Anywhoreee.....

INLINE COMMENTS

20+

ENJOY ♥

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Nyla POV

"I really enjoyed my time with you Nyla." Robert says opening my car door for me. We head down my walk way to the front door. We went to a comedy slam and to dinner. It was so weird being out with another man, but it definitely took my mind off the lonely week I've had without Sky. I miss her so much, and it's only Thursday.

"Yeah it was nice." I laugh a bit unlocking the front door. We stood in silence for a minute. "So, would you like to come in?" I hesitantly ask.

"Of course." he smiles. After shutting the door behind him, Macy runs up to us.

"Hey baby." I squat scratching behind her ears. She' kept me company this week as well. "She doesn't bite I promise. She's a sweet girl." I smile as he takes a seat on the couch.

"I like dogs. I have two pitbulls actually." he nods.

"I'm actually not even a dog person." I shrug. "Would you like some wine?"

"Sure." he nods. I head to the kitchen and retrieve a bottle of wine out of the wine rack.

"Okay Nyla. Relax." I say to myself. Maybe it's the thought of being alone with another man but I'm extremely on the edge right now. I pour myself half a glass and down the contents, feeling my nerves calm a bit. After filling Macy's bowl, I head back down the hall.

"What kind is this?" He asks as I sat our glasses down on the round table.

"Chateau Lafite." I take a seat. "It's one of the top ten red wine in the world. It runs about $160,000 a bottle." I say. I wouldn't know anything about wine if it weren't for the Bora Bora trip with Maverick. That's where he proposed. The thought literally tugged at my heart.

"Earth to Nyla?" Robert laughs waving a hand in my face.

"Oh sorry, say what now?"

"I was asking how you got a hold of this? This tastes amazing, and I'm not a wine guy really."

"Oh it was a gift from Maverick from this wine tasting excursion we went on in Bora Bora." I nod. I usually refrained from mentioning him to Robert at all. I didn't want to talk about him too much ya know? Plus it wasn't really any of his business.

"Y'all made a beautiful little girl together." he looks around the room. Pictures of Sky were all over the place.

"She's my everything too." I smile looking at one of our pictures on the table in front of us. "I can't believe I've survived this week without her." I shake my head.

"It's like that with me and my son as well. His mother is... something else." he shakes his head.

"I didn't know you were a Dad." I laugh a bit. "What's his name?"

"RJ. And yeah we're in the middle of a custody battle. Another reason I moved to Asher since they live here. It's closer than Raleigh, and this job opportunity will look good in court."

"I'm sorry you're going through that." I take a sip of my wine.

"Yeah, I mean Candace is just a baby mama from hell. At least you aren't keeping Sky away from her Daddy. It's okay to miss her but in the long run you'll be more than glad you're letting her spend time with him. I hate that RJ doesn't get to even talk to me much because of his damn mother." he shakes his head. I frown at the thought of me not wanting to go along with this whole joint custody thing at all, when it's probably what's best for Sky.