13

Being able to update this book from my work desk makes me sit my ass here and do my work just so I can give you guys something good to read during this wack ass quarantine at the end of my shift.

I see that so many people are torn between Nyla and Maverick, and whether they should get back together and lemme just say... THIS IS WHAT I WANTED. I have every intention of making you guys embark on a very emotional roller coaster throughout the rest of this book too lol.

Also, I've been working on this new book for about two years now and I want to publish it. It's probably the best thing I've ever written because I've taken my time with it and I want it to be like a real ass, hard copy type book. Anybody know how I should go about it? You guys want a sneak peek?

Andddddd which one of yall said something about them both having similar nights with Trish? Let's talk about it lol. I want real, raw opinions on what yall think happened in both situations? Because shit ain't even got real yet.

ANYWHOREEEEEEE.....

INLINE COMMENTS

20+

ENJOY

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Nyla POV

I stare at myself in this all white gown, admiring the fact that a man I love loves me enough to marry me. Today was my day.

"They're ready for you." My dad spoke almost incoherently. I walk down the aisle hooked onto my fathers arm, staring at an empty altar.

"Where is Maverick?" I yell to the guests in the church. "Where is Maverick?" I scream again as they all laugh and point at me in slow motion. I turn around and continue to search for him, not moving as fast as I wanted.

"He's right there Mommy." Sky then points past me, and I follow her finger and watch as the man of my dreams tangle himself up in sheets with that bitch Trish. I watch him touch her, kiss her, while staring into my eyes, as I stood in my wedding dress, crying out for him. Running as fast as I could to get to him only for the bed they did their dirt on to move further with every step I took.

"Maverick! Maverick!" I screamed his name, over and over as they begin to fade from my vision.

Jolting up from my pillow, I take deep breaths wiping the sweat from my forehead. Like at least four nights out of the month, I try my best to shake the reoccurring dream from my head. I never look forward to the day ahead after this dream because it's always a long one since I know I won't be going back to sleep any time soon. I sigh, getting out of bed and heading down the hall to the kitchen. Not without poking my head in Sky's room. She slept wild with her arm over her face and legs tangled up in one another. I shake my head with a small smile, feeling my heart melt at the beauty I gave birth to, with Macy at her feet snoring away.

"Just get out of my head." I place my head on the island fiddling with the glass of wine that sat before me. I meant that for the vision, not Maverick himself. I got to a point where I was trying to convince myself he was telling the truth about not remembering that night. He wouldn't do that to me. He wouldn't do that to us. Looking at the clock on the stove put me into a grumpier mood. I had to get up in the next three hours and I went to sleep about two hours ago as it was.

Nobody knows what it's been like to deal with this. To know it happened is one thing but to see it when I'm trying to rest is slowly but surely causing me to become an insomniac. I will be fine and letting go, and the past will make its way to me every time and every way it can causing me to relapse into the hurt I work day in and out to let go of. I wanted to yell and break shit because I can't figure out what I'm supposed to be taking from this fucking dream.