8

First let me apologize for the long wait, I have been extremely busy. Finally have some time to update so that is what I'm doing (:

My baby boy will be a One year old in a week and I cry thinking about it. Smh.

Anywhoreeeeeeeee..... 

THIS WILL NOT BE LONG...

I would highly recommend rereading the last chapter so that your memory is refreshed on what happened before going into this update!

I promise the next update with be longer guys.

INLINE COMMENTS

20+

ENJOY 

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Maverick POV

I wanted so badly to believe that things went the way they did between Nyla and I for a reason. I almost wanted to blame her but I knew all of this happened because of me. We wouldn't have been in a  position where we needed to fix things if I hadn't broken them in the first place. 

I will say that I have felt more myself than I have in a long time. We agreed to keep things about Sky only and it's been working this past week. Not a word about our feelings, even though it's some things I wanna say. Not a word about what happened with Leah in the parking lot of Gertrude's kitchen. Just Sky.

I roll out of bed, not looking forward to today. I wasn't in the mood to watch our colleagues undress Nyla with their eyes all morning in this meeting. It wasn't even a jealousy thing, just plain disgusting.

I make a break for the elevator, glancing at my watch. I wanted to slip in when everyone else did so that I wouldn't draw any looks from being late. She took these meetings seriously like that. I was glad to see that she had not made it in, taking a seat at the far left corner of the long table. A few moments passed before she finally walked in, followed by Sahara, Trish, and some man that stood a little too close to her as Sahara and Trish sat down.

"Good morning everyone." she gives us a bright smile looking around the room as they spoke back. "Looks like everyone is here. I know it's Monday and the last thing you all want to do is sit in a long meeting to at the start of your work day so I will get to the point." 

"Thank God." Brian says, earning some laughs. I roll my eyes, landing them back on the man that stood beside her. Who, like everyone else, seemed to have a hard time taking his eyes off her.

"Anyways, I'm sure you all remember that proposal that had me ripping everyone's hair out, including my own?" she laughs along with some of the men. 

"How could we not, it was like you were on your period for a month." Jonathan shakes his head, earning even a little laugh from me. I remember how stressed out she was about it, I would sneak over when Sky was sleeping to ease her mind when she let me and even help out with what I could. 

"I know I know." she smiles. "But standing next to me, is proof that my hard work indeed paid off. This is Mr. Wyatt Bradshaw, our new partner, and the wealthiest business man in the Carolina's. Make him feel welcomed please." she says smiling at the man as she stepped aside. I held my applause, not really impressed. 

"Good morning. I'm very pleased to have the opportunity to work alongside Ms. Gordon here, as well as all of you. I've already reached out to more than half the property managers in my area on behalf of you all, and I'm sure with under the leadership of my lovely new partner you all are more than capable of making yourselves look good." he nods, flashing Nyla a smile. 

"I have passed out some brochures of those property managers for you, so if you see something that is gonna help you grow, go for it please."

"Wait forget all that, you promised us dinner if the proposal was accepted so we aren't gonna do that now?" Brian says.

"Oh I did, didn't I?" She nods. "I'm a woman of my words so. Smoke on the Water, 6PM on Saturday. Everyone gets a plus one, and everything is on me."

"That's what I'm talking about baby." Jonathan and Brian high five. I shake my head, contemplating on whether or not I should be a part of this event. But the way this Bradshaw guy is looking at Nyla, if he's gonna be there I don't wanna miss it.

Nyla POV

"I want to know the Nyla outside of this place." Wyatt says as we made our way back to my office. "So if you're okay with it, I would like to be your plus one. It could be like a date." he smiles down at me. Don't know how much more of that smile I can take this morning, this man is fine as hell. 

"Yeah that's fine with me." I smile shutting the door behind us. "I must say that business comes before pleasure for me though." I take a seat behind my desk.

"For me as well. But if I can kill two birds with one stone, why would I not?" 

"Meaning what?" I challenge.

"I get a chance to get to know my new colleagues, and a chance to win you over in the same night." he chuckles, I couldn't help but laugh myself, as knock on in the door interrupted us.

"Come in." I look up to see Maverick. A thousand emotions ran through my mind. But I put on my best face. "Good morning Maverick, what can I do for you?" I smile.  He even looked surprised. His eyes go from Wyatt back to me, without saying a word. 

"I'll excuse myself." Wyatt nods. "Nyla, I will call you okay."

"Okay, have a good day."' I wave as he flashed me one last smile. When the door shut behind him, I turn my attention to my computer. "Everything good with Sky?" I pretend to be interested by something on the screen. 

"Yeah, Sky is fine. She misses you." he laughs a bit. It was his week with Sky and being that it was only Monday, thinking about getting through the week without her made me sad. It should be easier by this point but it doesn't get easier at all. 

"So, what's up?" I say looking up at him, eager to know why he was really in here. 

"Just wanted to check on you." he nods, looking away. I didn't even know what to say.

"Thanks." I shrug. "But I'm fine." I turn my attention to the pretend work on my computer. A long silence fell over us.

"So you and him now?" he finally says. I shake my head with a small laugh. I never understood why men are like this. 

"Oh you care again?" I cross my arms. 

"It was a question."

"That's not really your business."

"Do you really want to go there?"

"Can we?" I stand up. "If you're implying me beating up your little girlfriend is equivalent to you asking about who I may be involved with, it's not the same."

"How is it not the same Nyla?"

"Look at the terms we were on then, and look at the terms we're on now."

"They're not too different if you ask me. You're just as inconsiderate as you were. You really think I would parade someone else in your face intentionally. Regardless of what-"

"How was I parading- Know what." I shake my head. "I'm not doing this with you anymore Maverick. This is what I wanted right? This will be the last time I say this. You and I are done. You made that decision for me. Sky is the only business of mine that concerns you. Okay? So if it's not about her, keep it to yourself Maverick."

"Fine." he nods. "If this is really what you want Nyla, you got it." With that, he walks out of my office and slams the door. If anything, this is what he wanted.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

The next update will be longer, and it gets super messsyyyyyyyy.

What do yall want/expect to happen?

20 COMMENTS