Chapter 5 Protecting the Plaza and A Change of Plans

I tried to give this chapter the best title I can. I have no idea when I'll publish this but I'll try my best to update before the end of 2017. Enjoy if you can.

    K.O was scared because his friends would normally fight Lord Boxman's robots with him. Carmen and Cassandra however, weren't scared one bit.

      "Oh no, how are we suppose to beat Darell if my friends aren't here to help me fight him?" K.O whimpered with a scared expression on his face.

     "Don't worry K.O, me and my sister have dealt with way worse than this." Carmen stated in reassurance while Cassandra nodded towards this.

     "Ready sis?" Carmen asked, glancing towards her sister. "You know I am." Cassandra said with a smile on her face.

     Cassandra was gone in less than a second and looked around frantically trying to figure out where his friend headed off to. K.O glanced at Darell and noticed there was a red blur with what looked liked red rose petals sprouted from it.

      It than began to circle around the robot until it began to rise into the air with the red blur. It then stopped to reveal Cassandra in the air.

     "Carmen now!" Cassandra shouted.

    "On it!" Carmen shouted back.

     Carmen then proceeded to jump up into the air and flip, landing on what appeared to be a type of glyph that was summoned. The glyph launched her into Darnell's direction.

     Something began to appear in her hand while she was in the air. It materialized into a type of sword that ended up slicing Darell in half. Both Cassandra and Carmen landed safely on the ground while nuts and bolts were being scattered across the parking lot.

     K.O stared in amazement at what he had just witnessed. "That. Was. Awesome!" K.O exclaimed.

     "Oh come on, that was nothing compared to what my sister can do in a fight on her own." Carmen said, slightly blushing while also gesturing to her sister.

     Please don't make me, sis I'm begging you. Cassandra pleaded in her head. "Hey Cassie," Carmen said, snapping her sister out of her thoughts. "Are you okay? You've been more.....off in your own world more than usual." "I'm fine. Its just that, I'm not sure on how to describe it but,I don't think its wise to take K.O on a mission like this."Cassandra said in a sorrowful tone.

    Carmen's heart sank a little when she heard this. But she tries her best to look at the positive more than she would the negative."If he just sticks with us, he'll be just fine. Okay?" Carmen said in reassurance.

   "I guess you have a point on that." Cassandra said, relieved. Part of her knew that she was right but the other part of her believed that she was just patronizing her.

     "Hey, my moms gonna be picking me soon." K.O stated for some reason. "I guess we can tweak with the plan a little bit." Carmen said while thinking on the small change.

     "Ok how about this, K.O goes home and after his mom is asleep, he can pack up the things he needs, and then we can leave." Cassandra explained.

    "But, what my mommy? What do I tell her?" K.O asked.

    "Ok let me think, um, how about you leave a note on your door that says, I don't like, um, I'm sorry I didn't tell you this but I'll be staying at a friend's house. Or something like that." Cassandra explained once more.

     K.O hesitated to answer this because he knew that lying to his mother was wrong in many different ways. "I don't know about that, I don't want to lie to my mommy and get her scared." K.O said as he tried to be the voice of reason.

     "Do you want to save your friends or not, K.O?"

     "Dude, calm down." Cassandra said, putting her hand on her sister's shoulder.

     "Sorry, sorry. Its just been a long day, that's all." Carmen sighed. "I gotta go. See you guys tonight!" K.O said as he ran back into the store to do his job.

     Cassandra and Carmen walked into the forest in silence. "How are we gonna do this without you getting a trigger from your mental illness?" Carmen asked in a concerned tone.

      She was silent for a moment. "I don't know sis. I don't know." she answered.

       Word count: 753

   Here is something for you before the year ends. Have a Happy New Year everybody! Byeee!