Chapter 11 I Know Where Your Child Is

Carol woke up in the same way. She waited a little bit for her to get awake. She went to the kitchen to make breakfest for her and her son.

      Carol made scrambled eggs, a few strips of bacon, 2 to 3 pancakes for each of them, a cup of coffee for her and a glass of orange juice for her son.

     "K.O, come down for breakfest." Carol called out. There was no response from the child.

   "K.O." she called again. Still no response.

       Probably still sleeping. She thought. Carol went up stairs to K.O's room and knocked on the door gently. "K.O, your breakfest is gonna get cold." she said through the door. Still nothing.

      Carol opened the door slightly to get a good peek in. "Wake up sleepyhead." she said in a peaceful voice. There was still nothing.

      She opened the door all the way; her hand still on the knob. Carol looked in K.O's bed and saw nothing but his blanket. She gasped at this until she looked at was on the pillow. It was a blue stickynote from K.O.

     Dear mommy,
  I'm sorry for leaving you. I didn't run away, so don't worry. I'll come back. Its hard for me to explain of where I'm at, but when I come back I'll tell you. Sorry if I have scared. I love you, mommy.

             From, K.O 💙

       Carol was started to tear up at the last part. Her son left her. She knew K.O wouldn't run away, it clearly said so in the note. But why he left was Carol's question. 

      She sprinted out of K.O's room, shutting the door behind her. The note K.O left her was still in her hand. Carol hurried to her room to get dress. When she was done, she went back into the kitchen, got 4 containers and put both her and her son's breakfest in them, separately. The eggs and bacon in the same container, and the pancakes in separate containers.

       She poured her coffee into a stainless steel thermos she got from Mr. Gar as a birthday present. She ran out of her house, locking the door. Carol got into the car and drove as fast as she can to Lakewood Plaza Turbo.

    ---------------------

     Instead of going to her Fitness dojo, Carol ran into Gars and stopped near the front counter.

     "Eugene." she called out. The door to the break room opened to reveal Casey with her head poking out.

     "Casey, where's Eugene?" Carol asked as she shuffled fast to Casey.

     "He's in here with me." Casey answered. She let Carol come in. The sight Carol saw made her think if Casey did something to him.

    "Eugene, K.O was-"

    "She already explained it me." Mr. Gar said without looking at Carol.

   Silence fell upon the room until Carol responded.

    "If you explained what happened to my son to him, then you can explain it to me." Carol demanded.

    Casey took a deep breath and exhaled. "Yesterday, your son, K.O, came across my children. And last night, he left with them." Casey explained.

    Carol let this sink in for a moment. "What about his coworkers?" Carol asked once again.

    "She also knows about that, somehow." Mr. Gar stated.

    "Yeah, the migraine your son's coworkers got, was not a normal migraine. What happened to them was her." Casey explained once more. Carol's eyes went wide to this.

      "I believe that's why K.O went with them." Casey stated.

     All of this was starting to come clear to Carol. Why her son left and why he said that he'll come back. Silence filled the room again.

   "Do you know where K.O is at right now?" Carol asked, breaking the silence.

"Motel Spring. Why do you ask?" Casey answered immediately.

  "Can you watch over him, to make sure something doesn't happen to him?" Carol requested.

   "You have my word." Casey said with a soothing smile on her face.

   "So Eugene," Casey said, getting Gar's attention. "Since your employees aren't here, are you gonna temporarily close up shop?" she asked.

    Mr. Gar was quiet until answering. "I think so." he answered. Silence once again filled the room.

   "So, what now?" Carol asked.

   "Well, I have to go back to the motel. But I have some time to kill before I go back." Casey answered.

    "I have to go on a secret mission later." Mr. Garstated.

   "Maybe you can do now just to get it overwith." Casey suggested.
    "Hmm, I suppose that can work." Mr. Gar said as he stood up. He walked to the break room door and opened it slightly. "Bye Casey. B-bye Carol." he stammered at the last part until leaving.

   "Hmm," Carol said under her breath. "What?" Casey asked. "Eugene hasn't been stuttering in his words when I came in." Carol stated.

   "Your welcome for that." Casey remarked. "What do you mean by your welcome for that?" Carol asked with air quotes.

    "Well, back when you and Mr. Gar were in P.O.I.N.T I noticed that he was constantly stuttering," Casey paused.

     "Okay." Carol said, raising an eyebrow.

     "So when I met you and him, I thought of helping Eugene with that problem he had." Casey finished her explanation.

     "Huh, that explains alot." Carol said.

   It was silent for a moment until the sound of a ringtone scared them. Casey pulled out her phone and it read: Foxtail.

   "Hold on I have to take this." Casey stated as she also walked out the door.

    "Yeah. I have the info. Like I said before, when she is defeated I'm leaving P.O.I.N.T. You can't pursuade me to stay. If she gets the powers of all four of the Seasons, then its game over for us. If Carol and Eugene found out I am in P.O.I.N.T they'd lose their trust in me. Understood." Casey said as she hung up.

   She opened the door to see that Carol was standing there with a look of suspicion on her face. "Are y-you okay, Carol?" she stuttered.

  "Who was on the phone?" Carol asked in a suspicious tone.

   "I-it was my sister."

   "And what was she calling about?"

   "Um, she was calling me about where my kids were at." Casey answered.

   "Okay then," Carol said, leaving the break room. "See you around." she waved and leaving the store.

   Casey waved back and was there alone. She left the store through the back entrance, and she flew away as a Mockingjay.

     Word count: 1,093

     I have no idea of what little note to leave here. So, I hope you enjoyed.
    Byeee.