Chapter 8 A slight Delay

K.O, Carmen, and Cassandra had been walking for 3 hours, but it felt like an eternity to them. Especially, K.O. It still felt wrong to just up and leave his mom. Everyone was quiet over these three hours. It was so quiet that you could hear every step you took.

     Cassandra was wearing black headphones with a rose that appeared wilting with a red color to it. She was listening to music for these three hours; she was right now listening to the song Sacrifice.

     Carmen was holding a screen that showed a map of where they needed to go. She was basically leading the way. Cassandra called dibs earlier because she wanted to lead, but her sister already beat her to it.

      Cassandra took a quick glance at K.O and saw him look upset. She didn't know why, but she stepped a little closer to him.

     "Hey, K.O," Cassandra said grabbing his attention. "Are you okay? You seem upset." she asked in concern.

    "I'm okay. I just I have so many questions." K.O answered.

     "Like what?"

     "Like, how do you know about this?" K.O asked.

     "Hmm, be more specific." she stated.

     "Umm, How do you know why this happening?" K.O asked with a little more detail.

     Cassandra hesitated to answer. "When we get to Motel Spring, I'll try to answer the best I can." Cassandra answered.

     K.O growled at this. "Why won't you just tell me?!" he yelled as he stopped in his tracks.

    Cassandra didn't answer. She wasn't sure of what to do after K.O's outburst. Suddenly, they heard a strange noise. They didn't know where it came from, but Cassandra and Carmen assumed that she sent one of her followers to stop them.

     They then heard maniacal laughing coming form somewhere. The laugh to K.O felt so familiar to him, he just couldn't put a finger on. Until something came out of the shadows. This mysterious person wore a black scarf and a drench coat, with the hood covering their eyes. Their face was purple with three moles on the side of his face.

    "Shadowy Figure!" K.O gasped.

      "Hello little, K.O," Shadowy Figure greeted. "Did you miss me?" he asked returically.

     "What do you want with me?" K.O asked.

     "Oh foolish child, I'm not here for you," Shadowy Figure paused. "I'm here, for you." he finished, pointing at Cassandra.

     Silence filled the air, until Carmen responded. "If you're going to take my sister, then you'll have to get through me." she stated in a monotone voice.

      This only made Shadowy Figure laugh. "If that's how its gonna be, then so be it." he finished in a low tone.

       K.O ran towards Shadowy Figure and tried his best to land a hit on him, but was kicked went flying until he landed on the ground on his back side.

      "How disappointing." Shadowy Figure taunted. K.O got back up and ran back towards this man. Carmen and her sister did the same thing and they attacked him all at once.

     Shadowy Figure was trying his best not to get hit, but Cassandra punched him in the face so hard he hit the ground with a thud. Cassandra looked at her fist and saw that there was a little bit of blood on it. Her eyes were wide at this site.

     Shadowy Figure groaned, sat up, and wiped his mouth. He saw a little bit of blood on his hand. He growled at Cassandra for this.

      "Th-that wasn't...I-I didn't..." Cassandra couldn't find words for what she did.

      Shadowy Figure just stood up and walked backwards, into the shadows. "Well played you three. Well played." he said as his voice faded away.

      Cassandra was shaking at this, and her eyes were still wide. She didn't mean for her punch to cause him to bleed. Carmen and K.O noticed this.

      "Sis, its okay just--"

     "We need to hurry." Cassandra's said in a monotone voice. Her voice was shaky and she just walked away.

      "Is she gonna be okay?" K.O asked in concern.

      "I don't know, K.O. some things about her are such mystery." Carmen sighed heavily.

   *At Motel Spring*

    Cassandra and K.O were standing outside while Carmen was inside the lobby. She was checking them into their room. Cassandra was standing and leaning against the wall. She still looking at her somewhat bloody hand. The blood had dried up on the way to the motel, which took 5 hours total.

      K.O was sitting on the cold pavement with his legs crossed; right next to Cassandra. He was looking at the ground, still worried about the girl next him. He wanted to asked her if she was okay, but he didn't want to upset her. However, K.O was willing to take that chance.

     "Hey Cassandra," K.O said, grabbing her attention.

    "Yeah, K.O?" she said sorrowfully.

     "Are you okay?" he asked with a little bit of fear.

      Cassandra was silent before answering. "Yeah, I'm fine." she responded in the same tone as before.

      "You don't seem okay." K.O retorted.

      "I assure you, I'm fine." Cassandra said, with her voice starting to have irritation in it.

     K.O looked back at the ground. Carmen walked out of the lobby holding 2 room keys. One of them was a spare.

     "Alright, I just checked us in, and we are in room 214." Carmen stated.

     "Where's that?" Cassandra asked.

     "I'll show you." Carmen said as she walked past K.O and her sister. K.O stood up and walked in the same direction as them. They walked for 5 minutes until reaching their room.

    Carmen unlocked the door with the room key she had to reveal a room with two beds up against the side of the wall. There was a TV on the opposite side and a desk. A small table sat not too far from the bed nearest to big window that was covered by a curtten. There was a big mirror and two sinks below it, and beside both of these was a bathroom.

     The bedsheets were a raspberry color and the carpet was a harvest gold color.

     "After you." Carmen said as she stepped aside. They walked in and Carmen followed. Cassandra sat on the bed and took off her boots. Same for her sister, but on the other side of the same bed.

   K.O put his backpack right next to the other bed. He plopped on bed and took a deep breath. His eyes were starting to grow heavy. He sat up and pulled the blanket over him. Then, he fell asleep.

     Carmen giggled at how adorable K.O looked. Cassandra was over by the sink, trying to get the dried up blood off her hand. It eventually did. She walked over back to the bed Carmen was at.

     She sat there in silence, and she wasn't looking in her sister's direction.

     "Cassandra," Carmen said. "Why did you just walk off like that earlier?" she asked in worry.

     Cassandra was still silent. Carmen sighed in annoyance. "You can tell me in the morning." she stated as she tucked herself in. Cassandra did the same thing.

     Everything was still and Cassandra wanted to sleep this off. It was hard but she managed to drift off into sleep.

   Word count: 1,266

    Sorry if I haven't updated in a while, I've been busy with school and stuff like that. I'll try what I can to get Chapter 9 up as soon as possible, but it depends on how things go. I tried my best to write out a fight scene, but I think I screwed it up. Anyway, hope you enjoyed.
   Byeee.