Chapter 9 A Needed Conversation

Across the motel was a bar. The person in the bar was sitting at a small table. Her hair was brown with silver at the tips and her eyes were the same as Cassandra's. The markings on her cheeks were crystallized diamonds. She wore a cape with a hood to cover her head. It was red on the inside and white on the outside.

      She had a shotglass in front of her with ice and whiskey in it

      She had a shotglass in front of her with ice and whiskey in it. Near the edge of the table lay what appeared to be a helmet. (Like the one Raven has in "RWBY")

     A waitress came up to her table and put down another shotglass, right next to the one she was drinking.

     "I didn't order another one." the women said in reassurance.

     "Man upstairs. Purple skin. He paid for it just for you." the waitress stated.

     The women looked down at the two shotglass's in front of her.

    "Hey," the waitress said, grabbing the women's attention. "This ones on the house, even though he paid for it." the waitress said.

      "You won't tell your manager, right?" she asked returically.

     "Don't worry, I'll never tell him." the waitress said, then walked away. The women sitting at the table took a drink from the shotglass she was drinking.

     She looked at second floor of the bar. She took her helmet and the second shotglass and walked upstairs. When she made it up, she saw a man with slicked, black hair, orchid purple like color skin, and a few moles on the side of his face. He was even wearing a black scarf and a black trench coat.

     "Hello, Casey." the man greeted

     "Venomous." Casey in a monotone voice. She walked over to the table Venomous was sitting at. She put her helmet next to the wall and the shotglass in front of her as she sat down.

     "I came across your kids tonight." Venomous stated.

     "What did you do?" Casey said in almost a taunting manner.

     "Your youngest child punched me in the face." Venomous answered in irritation.

     "How badly did it hurt?" she asked with a smile on her face. It wasn't an evil smile, no. It was more of a "I bet your embarrassed" or at least something like that.

    "She made me bleed a little bit from the mouth," Venomous answered once more. "But it wasn't too serious." he finished.

     It was silent for a moment until Casey responded. "You know your son is with my children, right?" she asked.

     "That's not--" Venomous was about to protest until Casey cut him off.

     "Returical question, I know." she said.

      "We should be meeting behind closed doors, not out in the open, Venomous." Casey stated.

      "Can't a man just catch up with his friend." Venomous retorted as he was about to grab his wine.

     Casey grabbed his wrist and responded. "I told you P.O.I.N.T would disbanded, and it did."

     "And you knew what happened at the donut shop," Venomous protested. "You saw the whole thing happen, and you did nothing." he finished.

     She went back into her chair and snarled at his remark. "Getting back on topic, do you have the information we need?" Casey asked.

     "Yes," Venomous answered, holding a what looked like a type of flash drive. "She was vague about this type of project called, Project Haruka." he finished as he gave Casey the flash drive.

     "What's 'Project Haruka?" Casey asked in a little bit of suspicion.

      "Like I said, she was pretty vague about it." Venomous answered.

      "Well, give me idea of what it is." Casey suggested.

      "She said that she'll be able to come to this world if it is perfectly operational." Venomous stated.

     "Hmm, don't you think its a little suspicious that she's making a machine that allows her to crossover?" Casey asked.

     "I think Project Haruka is more than we think." Venomous stated.

     "Elaborate." Casey demanded.

    "Like, what if its just a distraction she's using to lower our guard?" Venomous asked, returically.

     "Its possible." Casey answered.

     Another moment of silence crept in. "I know your part of P.O.I.N.T, Casey." Venomous stated.

    This shocked Casey. "H-how do you that?" she asked in fear.

    "The clues were right there in front of me." Venomous answered. "I wonder how Mr. Gar and Carol would react to that." he taunted.

     Casey stood up in almost anger. "If you tell them, then you won't be able to breathe your last breath." she paused. "I'm only going to be in P.O.I.N.T for a short time. Once she's defeated, I'll be leaving, and you can go back to your villainous ways." Casey explained.

    There was silence once again. "You know we still have to find the Winter Hero," Casey stated. "You didn't forget, did you?" she asked.

     "No." Venomous answered. "So then, are ready to help me find her?" Casey asked.

     "Why would I help you find the Winter Hero?"

    "'Cause without her, we're all gonna die." Casey retorted.

     "And which by we, are you referring to?" Venomous asked returically.

      Casey looked down down at the table and there was a strange noise. Casey looked up to see Venomous about to walk through a portal of red and black.

    "Before you leave, Venomous," Casey said. Venomous turned to look at her. "Take heed in knowing that if you betray me, you'll never see the light of day ever again." she finished.

    Venomous didn't even say a word. He just nodded and put his hood up and walked away. Casey heard glass shatter behind her. She turned around and saw the waitress from before, shaking in fear and her eyes wide.

     "Make this one a double." Casey stated, holding the shotglass.

     Word count: 1,064

    Two updates in one day, that's surprising. I'll try to get chapter 10 up as soon as possible, but I think It'll be hard to do so because of school and all that shit. Yeah, I'm still playing the pronoun game. Fight me
     Some parts of the conversation was a reference to RWBY volume 4. And the Winter Hero is a reference to the 4 maidens of RWBY. And back in chapter 8 when Cassandra was listening to the song Sacrifice, yeah, that was also a reference to RWBY.
    Casey is a hero, she just made a deal with Professor Venomous to help her stop the real villain of this series. Hope you enjoyed.
    Byeee.