Chapter 13 A Heart to Heart Talk

It was later in the day and the sky was a bright blue. Cassandra was sitting outside near her motel room on the warm pavement. She was still wearing her red hood, but she was also wearing a sparkling, light grey shirt with a yellow strap showing on her right side. She wore black leggings and was wearing magenta socks.

      Cassandra sat with her knees up to her face and her arms folded on them. She was thinking about something that would make someone question if she was okay.

???: You can't keep this up forever, right?

    "Shut up, I'm not listening to you."

???: The truth will come out eventually.

   "I don't care what you say."

???: It doesn't matter, try what you can. The truth always comes out.

     Then everything went silent. Cassandra closed her eyes and took a deep breath for a moment. She heard the sound of a door opening and she looked to where the sound came from. It was K.O, slightly poking his head through the door.

     "Are you okay?" K.O asked as he opened the door further.

    "Eh, I'm fine." Cassandra answered.

    "That was a returical question." K.O said with a bit of frustration showing in his voice.

     "....what is it?" she asked with a bit of fear.

    "I know there's something wrong. If you won't tell your sister why you walked off like that," K.O paused as he sat down. "Then you can tell me." K.O finished.

    "If I told you why, then you wouldn't believe me." Cassandra said in a monotone voice, looking away from K.O to the ground.

     "Oh come on I want to know." K.O pleaded as he got on his knees and shook her arm a little bit.

    "Okay okay, I'll tell you. But first, you have to know something and you can't tell anyone about it. Not even your mom or friends."

    "As a trusted friend, I will keep your secret for as long as I live." K.O said with a smile on his face.

    Cassandra closed her eyes as she took a deep breath and exhaled. "Years ago, I was one month in for being in a certain hero group."

    "You mean P.O.I.N.T?" K.O interrupted.

    "Not like P.O.I.N.T, but similar to it. This group was called The Blade of Osana. Me and Carmen were the youngest members to be in it. Since we were scared of the bigger kids we got a personal teacher. His name was Vincent, and he seemed to be a really nice guy. Until one day, he decided to do something. He decided to unleash some sort of power that was in me in particular."

    "When he did that, this other half of me that I didn't know about---she...she..." Cassandra trailed off and couldn't finish what she was going to say without getting mad.

    Silence fell upon them until K.O responded. "That sounds similar to what Shadowy Figure did to me."

    "Wait, what?" she asked in a dumbfounded manner.

    "Yeah, Shadowy Figure did something similar to what happened to you, but he did it when we first met each other. This other half of me went by the name of T.K.O." K.O explained.

    "Mine just went by Turbo." Cassandra stated.

   "Wait, how come you have one?"

    "Have one of what?"

    "How come you have the same thing as me?" K.O asked.

   "Well, my 12th great grandmother fell in love with a villain. So, both of her hero and his villain DNA combined into one person, who is my 11th grandma." Cassandra explained.

   "Oh," was all K.O said as it made sense to him. "So, everyone in your family is a half hero half villain?"

    "Exactly." Cassandra answered.
   Silence once again filled the area, except for the silent howling of the wind. "You want know something," K.O paused. "My mom was in P.O.I.N.T 6 to 11 years ago."

     "Whoa hold on a minute," Cassandra said as she repositioned herself to cross her legs. "Your telling me that Silverspark is your mom?" she asked in shock.

    "Yeah, also, my boss Mr. Gar was in P.O.I.N.T aswell." K.O stated once more.

     "Lucky." She said in a bit of jealousy. "Also also, my mom is friends with your mom and Mr. Gar." Cassandra stated.

    K.O's eyes went wide and his jaw dropped to this. He never expected to know that his mom and his boss were Cassandra's mom's friends. "I have a picture of my mom and her friends." she stated as she pulled out a photo of Mr. Gar, Carol, and some girl in the middle that wore a white cape with red on the inside. It even had a hood, just like Cassandra.

     "Who's the girl in the middle?" K.O asked, pointing to the girl in the middle of the photo.

    "That's my mom when she was 14." Cassandra answered.

    K.O gasped. His mom never told him that she had another friend in P.O.I.N.T. "Was your mom also in P.O.I.N.T?" he asked.

    "Not back then, but she has been in P.O.I.N.T for about 3 to 4 years."

    "Is she still in it?" K.O asked in curiosity.

    "Yes, she is." Cassandra answered with a little bit of frustration.

     It was quiet and both Cassandra and K.O looked away. It was too quiet for Cassandra. I guess I was wrong about him being overly nieve. He understands me, at least I think he does. She thought.

???: The kid's sketchy to me.

   "Can you stop being paranoid for once?"

???: He's being too nice to us.

   "So what? Who cares if K.O's like this. Its probably his personality to be thoughtful and kindhearted."

???: Whatever. Believe what you want to believe. But heed my warning.

    "What warning? What are you warning me about?"

???: I'm saying that I sense something in that kid, and its not a good type of power.

    "As if....."

???: As if there's something in him that's way too similar to me. Something that's locked up in his subconscious.

    "You can explain it to me later." Cassandra said to the voice in her head. It all went quiet. She looked beside her and didn't see K.O anymore. Probably went back inside. Cassandra thought. A small smile slipped onto Cassandra's face. It was a warming smile, knowing that someone was a little similar to her.

    Word count: 1,110

      I am so sorry that I haven't updated in a while. I've been lazy and I've also been a bit busy with school. I'm not sure if I did or didn't say this, but depending on how the chapters feel to you, comment what image or song should go with the chapters. My cliffhanger sucks. I hope you enjoyed this.
     Byeee.