Chapter 12 A little Bit More Changes

K.O was sitting on the floor with his legs crossed and slouching against the bed. He was watching whatever caught his interest. Kind of like what his mom did yesterday.

     Carmen was sitting on the bed while also being on her phone, checking her social media. Cassandra, well, she was sleeping because of what she had to do at around 2:30 AM.

    "Hey, Carmen." K.O said, grabbing her attention.

    "What is it?" Carmen asked, looking away from her phone.

    "Last night, when we fought Shadowy Figure, why did your sister walk off like that?" K.O asked.

    "I asked her that before I went to sleep, and I didn't get an answer from her. So, I'm gonna wait for her ass to wake up so she can tell us." Carmen explained.

       "Why don't you wake her up yourself?" K.O suggested.

      "I would do that, but then she's gonna be stubborn as hell to deal with." Carmen protested.

     "I don't have to tell you." Cassandra groaned.

    "Did you enjoy your beauty sleep, Snow White?" Carmen asked sarcastically, gazing at her.

      "Fuck you." Cassandra complained as she gave her sister the middle finger.

      "Can you two please watch your language?" K.O complained.

      "Blame our mom, K.O." Cassandra stated as she sat up.

      "Why?"

     "We learned some swear words from her." Carmen answered.

    "Oh." K.O said, now feeling stupid.

    "So, are you going to answer my question?" Carmen asked.

    "What question?" Cassandra asked, not really knowing what's going on.

     "Oh don't play dumb with me. You know what it is." Carmen said in almost a smug voice.

    "Yesterday wasn't the best for me. Is that what you wanted to hear?" Cassandra sighed in annoyance.

     "Well, I guess that'll have to do." Carmen said.

     "Also, we might have to wait a day." Cassandra stated.

   "Why?"

   "'Cause I called up Shimo and he said that we would have to wait a day." Cassandra answered.

    "That doesn't surprise me, Shimo's a procrastinator."

    "Yeah, but Trudy's with him so he would be forced to hurry up from her." Cassandra protested.

    "Um, who's Trudy and Shimo?" K.O asked in confusion.

    "Trudy is a relative of ours and Shimo is a friend of ours." Carmen answered.

    "Do we seriously have to wait a day?" K.O asked in annoyance.

    "Well, K.O this gives us time to make some final tweaks and work out how were gonna do this." Carmen answered.

     "And the place we're going to save your friends is in the Kizana Village."

    "Never heard of it."

    "Well, its a village just 4 miles off from Retro City." Carmen stated.

     "Yeah and years before either of us were born, there was this village that was constantly attacked and raided by villains. Since the people kept on rebuilding the houses because of what I just said earlier, the people of the village abandoned the place." Cassandra explained.

    "Now its a ghost town." Carmen stated to back up her sister's explanation.

     "So, they're gonna be here to pick us up tomorrow?" K.O asked to make sure.

    "Yeah. When they're gonna be here, I have no idea." Cassandra said.

  -------------------------------

     Chara was sitting on a wooden box, sharpening their knife. Chara wore a green long sleeved shirt with one yellow stripe going through the middle. They wore light brown, jean like shorts and long, black socks that went up to their thighs. The shoes they wore were the same color as their shorts. Chara had brown hair, red eyes and had pink, rosie cheeks.

      Bete Noire wore a sweater with light purple at the top, and pink on the bottom. The skirt she wore was a magenta color and her pants were the same color as the top of her sweater. Bete's shoes were the brown. Her hair was brown with pink on the bottom, and her right eye was being covered by her hair. Bete's eyes were the same color as her skirt.

     "Are you going to help me any time soon, Chara?" Bete asked in annoyance. She was carrying a wooden container that was labeled fragile.

     "When I'm finished sharpening my knife." Chara answered, not even looking at Bete.

    "With you, I doubt it." Bete said as she put the container next to the one Chara was sitting on.

   "Hmm, Bete,"

   "What now?" Bete asked in annoyance.

    "Get me something to cut through." Chara requested.

    "Ugh, fine." Bete groaned. She opened the container she was carrying, and pulled out an apple.

     Bete tossed it to Chara and they slice through it, cutting the apple in half. "Oooh, nice." Bete said in awe.

     "Bete. Chara." A mysterious voice boomed through the church of where they were at. It scared them, but the recognized who it was. Chara stood up in a hurry and both of them stood straight.

     "Why are you two slacking off?" it was Daruma with three robots behind her.

     "I was putting crates away and Chara-"

    "I don't care who did what, this should've been done when I arrived." Daruma said, stopping in her tracks. The three robots did the same.

      "Um, who are they suppose to be?" Chara asked as they pointed to the robots behind Daruma.

      "The one on the right is Shannon, in the middle is Darell, and on the left is Raymond." Daruma answered. "The girl on the right is Bete Noire, and the demon child next to her is Chara." Daruma finished with the introduction.

      "Why are they here?" Bete asked with her arms crossed.

   "Why to help assess in your mission, of course." Daruma answered with a slight smile showing.

     "We can do this ourselves. We don't need assistance."

    "In this case you do." Daruma stated.

    Daruma walked away but stopped to whisper something to Raymond. Then, Daruma left the church.

     "What did she tell you?" Chara asked.

     "Oh, she told me for us make sure that the two of don't get into any trouble." Raymond answered.

      "And if we do,"

     "Then you won't like what'll happen." Raymond said with a smug look on is face.

     "I want to be in charge." Shannon blurted out.

    "Hey, me to." Darell blurted out aswell.

   "She's says we're all in charge of keeping them in check." Raymond stated in reassurance.

   "I can tell this is gonna be fun." Bete said in sarcasm to Chara.

      Word count: 1,136

      The next chapter will be up as soon as I can, but the updates will be rather slow because of me being lazy, school, or something else. I will occasionally put in something to go with the chapter, either a song or a picture. It won't be for every chapter, however. I'm not sure if I want this book series to be 3 or 4 books long. But depending on how each story ends, that's how long the series will be. Hope you enjoyed.
     Byeeee.