Chapter 19 Home Sweet Home

This is the last chapter before the epilogue, so yeah. Enjoy if you can.

     Its been a couple hours and everyone in the van, except for Cassandra, K.O and Enid, were asleep. The night sky shined with a lot of stars, some people could find as captivating beauty. Something bothered K.O, and it kept him from sleep. He should feel happy that his friends were safe, and he was. But when Rad mentioned something about a semblance, he didn't know what it is.

    Cassandra looked liked she was about to fall asleep. She glanced towards K.O, and it looked like something was on his mind. "Hey," Cassandra said tiredly.

    "What?" K.O asked, looking to her.

   "Is there something on your mind?"

   K.O hesitated to answer, but eventually did. "Maybe."

    "Well, what is it?" Cassandra asked, rubbing her eyes. K.O still hesitated to answer. "What's a semblance?" he asked.

    "Repeat that." Cassandra demanded.

     "What's a semblance?" K.O asked once more.

     "Well," she paused. "You know what power moves are, right?" she asked.

     "Yeah?" K.O asked. "That's what a semblance is. The word semblance is just a fancy word for power moves." Cassandra explained.

    "Oh." was all K.O could say. K.O looked down to Rad, who was covered up by a towel that was sitting on some stuff. He felt something touch his shoulder to see that it was just Cassandra with her hand on his shoulder.

    "He'll be okay, K.O." she said in a reassuring tone. K.O gave her a small smile in return. He leaned his head her shoulder, and Cassandra wrapped her arm around K.O.

    His eyes began to grow heavy and drifted off to sleep. "Hey," Enid said, grabbing Cassandra's attention. "Um, What's your name again?" she asked.

    "Cassandra." she answered.

    "Cassandra, how did you know me and Rad were at that village?" Enid asked once more.

    "I'm not allowed to say." Cassandra said, a bit disappointed.

     "Why?" Enid asked. "Its for a reason that I'm really unsure of." Cassandra answered once again.

    "Don't you think its kinda suspicious?"

    "Eh, not exactly. I understand why, but the reason for it is unclear to me." Cassandra stated.

     Enid slowed the van down and parked in front of K.O's house. Cassandra assumed that she had to wake K.O up because Enid turned around and looked at her. "Hey, wake up kid." Cassandra said in a gentle tone as she lightly shook K.O.

     K.O's eyes fluttered open. He sat up straight and glanced at Cassandra as he rubbed his eyes. "Your back home, K.O." Enid said in the same tone. K.O stood up and stretched from being in the same position.

    Cassandra handed him his backpack, and opened the back doors of Rad's van. He got out of the van, turned around to wave goodbye to his new friend, and shut the van doors. He walked to the front door of his and reached for the knob.

     He hesitated to turn it. He looked back to Enid and saw that she was pulling out of the driveway. "See you at work tomorrow, K.O." Enid said before she drove off.

    K.O looked back at the door, took a deep breath, and slowly opened the door. It never felt so good to be home again. He shut the door behind him, and walked as quietly as possible to his room. He made it to his room real easily and opened the door.

    K.O put his backpack next to his bed and didn't shut the door to his room. He plopped on the bed, covered himself up, and drifted into sleep.

   *The next morning*

    K.O woke up at his usual time, which is 6:30 AM. He actually slept peacefully without any nightmares at all. I guess you could say that he slept like a baby. Now he has to explain to his mother why he actually left. That outta be fun.

     He got out of bed and walked downstairs to see his mom making breakfast. The expression on her face appeared to look neutral, but K.O knew she was trying to mask her sadness.

    K.O took a deep breath and walked to the kitchen. "Mom?" K.O asked, grabbing her attention. Carol turned around to see her own son.

    "K.O." Carol called as she hugged her son tightly. K.O hugged her back with a smile.

    "K.O, where have you been?" Carol asked as she let go of K.O, even though she knew where he was.

    "Well, I, um..." K.O didn't know how to explain it to his mother. Why didn't I think this through? K.O thought to himself.

   "How about you tell me after you eat breakfast, sound good sweetie?" Carol suggested with a warm smile.

     "Okay." K.O answered. He can think of how to tell Carol of why he did what he did. He sat at the kitchen table as he watched his mom make the type he always enjoys. Pancakes, scrambled eggs and two to three strips of bacon.

    As K.O waited, he was thinking of ways of how he could word his explanation. But none of them sounded good to him. Carol came over to the table and put a plate of freshly cooked pancakes that were decorated with a smiley face. She kissed his forehead and walked to the living room.

    K.O ate his breakfast and the more he tried to word his explanation, the harder it was to concentrate on eating. He looked back at his mother to see that she was just relaxing on the couch. He turned back around to see that he ate all of his pancakes, but still had to eat the eggs and bacon.

     He tried to eat a strip of bacon, but he felt as if he lost his appetite. He put back on the plate and sighed to himself. K.O walked to the living room and sat right next to his mom. Carol glanced down to her son, and looked sad.

    "Are you okay, peanut?" Carol asked sympathetically.

    "You want to know why I left," K.O said in sorrow. "I met two people in the plaza and they told me that they knew why Rad and Enid weren't at work with me. So I decided to go with them to help save them." K.O explained, still in a sorrowful tone.

    "Oh honey, you should've told me this. I would've understand why you had to do what you had to do without me worrying so much." Carol said with sympathy.

     K.O did feel good that his mom understood, but he still felt upset. "I-I'm so sorry that I h-had you worry about me." K.O said as he buried his head on her torso.

     "Hey, its okay. I know you were trying to do what was right." Carol said sympathetically as she gently rubbed her son's back. K.O looked up at her, with tears that threatened to fall in his eyes.

     "You did what any hero would do."

    "You, really think that?" K.O asked as he sniffed. "Of course I do. You know I would never doubt you, because I know you have the potential to become a great hero one day." Carol said with a heartwarming smile.

    "Thank you mommy." K.O said as he wiped the tears out of his eyes.

    "Now come on, let's hurry to Lakewood Plaza before we're both late." Carol said as she picked up her son from the couch. K.O giggled and hopped out of her arms and waited for Carol to open the door.

    They drove off to Lakewood Plaza Turbo.

    Word count: 1,283

   I'm sorry if the ending sucks. Its because I couldn't think of anything else. If anything doesn't make sense, just let me know.
     Byeee.