Torture's Begun Again. This Time, I'm Blind.

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of these characters. All of them belong rightfully to the one and only Tui T. Sutherland.

A/N: I will also mostly be writing from the points of views of Starflight, Tsunami, Winter, and Kinkajou in FIRST PERSON. It's easier for me this way. Now, without any further ado, let's zoom into the story!

- Starflight's POV -

"Listen you freaks, I'm not accepting any of the trash you're telling us." Tsunami huffed, stamping her foot so loud I thought she'd break it. "You either fix Starflight's vision, or ... well ... it's not gonna be pretty."

"Look miss," the nurse said, or rather rasped cause I think Tsunami was choking her or something. "This is final. There is nothing we can do about your friend's eyesight. We're sorry."

"WELL I DON'T CARE, SO SHUT THE F-"

"TSUNAMI, LANGUAGE!" 

That was probably the first time I'd screamed in my whole life. I glared as pointedly as I could toward the sightless area I thought my friend was standing, and my aim was actually pretty accurate. The whole hospital room stayed quiet for a good ten seconds, before Tsunami walked out the door and I started speaking again.

"Look, I'm okay," I whispered to myself, fidgeting with the hem of my quilt. "It was an accident; I'm sure I'll recover."

"You won't," the nurse cut in. Under her breath, she muttered something like, "Teenagers these days. Always so confident and positive."

I ignored her. "So, when am I released?" 

"Just one more day," she answered wearily. "And you'll be out." She left, and shut the lights with a click.

I lay back down, staring out the window, but I only saw darkness. Sitting back up again by the edge of the bed and plopping my bare feet onto the cold hard floor, I began to go over some thoughts.

Hey, it's not all bad, a voice inside my head chimed. Everyone's gonna be forced to be your servant, and you'll get attention.

But it's not like I wanted the attention. I'm a pretty shy and quiet person in general, so if people clustered around me at school and surrounded me with questions, I wouldn't know what to say, and my answers would come out in unsophisticated stutters, making my classmates think, Eh, he still hasn't changed, even if he's blind. Still the same nerdy, timid bookworm who doesn't have anything to say.

Also, I'd have to have this embarrassing assistant help me down the hallways and all that. Even they'd start pranking and picking on me for the "loser" I am. Not a very exciting way to start my sophomore year of high school.

I soon fell asleep to the relaxing chirps of the crickets outside, trying in vain to shield the tears forming at the corners of my sightless green eyes.

The next day, I was free from the hospital, just like the nurse had promised. The hospital staff gave me a cane to stumble on, just in case I was "shaken up from shock". Well, I can't exactly say that's completely false.

My parents were on vacation, so Tsunami drove me home in her tiny silver McLaren F1, speeding relentlessly and suffering a serious case of road rage when there was the slightest bit of traffic. She probably forgot that I was just out of the medic room. I breathed as steadily as I could in the passenger seat, hand tightly gripping the seat belt.