Romantic Feelings?!

A/N: I will be adding a quote from the actual Wings of Fire series. I'm 100% sure you can find it.

Also, I'll start putting multiple point of views in some chapters, like this one.

- Riptide's POV -

My heart thumped in my chest, pounding so hard it might shatter my rib cage. I clutched the edge of the wall with shaking fingers.

No. This can't be happening.

Right now, two people - Tsunami and another guy - were standing in front of me, unaware that they were being watched.

Tsunami's bright green eyes sparkled as she held her partner's hands. "Hey, sparkling teeth," she said to the guy. "I totally love three of your claws but not the others, and I wish your nose was a herring so I could eat it, and also your wings sound like sharks snoring."

The boy's cheeks heated up so he looked like a boiled lobster - a savory boiled lobster. "I ... um ..." he whispered, voice barely audible. "I feel the same way."

"Great," Tsunami whispered, then hummed. "Should we ..."

"Yeah."

They leaned in but before I could witness the disgusting image, I was pulled into a black hole.

All the air was sucked out of me. I kicked and yelled, trying to get out but nothing happened. An invisible force grabbed me and whispered, "Even Turtle has a girlfriend, loser."

Finally I woke up gasping like a fish out of water. "NO!" I screamed, before taking a couple deep breaths. Eventually my lungs found air again.

Then, it hit me like a sixteen-wheeler: Today was a Sunday! Usually I hated them because they reminded me of Monday, but Tsunami said she'd meet me at the ice skating rink today; It felt like an eternity waiting!

No longer tired, I sprung up and shoved a shirt and pants on, tossing my pajamas on my bed.

Turtle was already downstairs eating a microwave pancake. There was this sort of sophisticated air around him, as if he was actually trying not to get anything on his crisp white shirt.

"Are you going on a lunch date again?" I inquired with a teasing grin. "With the kind, charming Kinkajou you love so much?"

"Actually," Turtle said. "She's also sweet, energetic, caring, thoughtful, prolific, and inspirational." 

"Uh-huh."

"What?" he asked, confused, before his face flushed scarlet as it hit him. "Oh, crap! I said that out loud, didn't I?"

"You sure did."

- Qibli's POV -

A couple months ago, Moon recommended me to read the book Carve the Mark, and now I can only say that god, is it messed up.

Not only did people die, but Cyra's brother Ryzek scared the crap out of me. He was ruthless, a tyrant, everything I saw in Winter these days. 

Wait, what was I saying? Winter and I already made up for the fight a day ago, and we're back to video chatting each other, having nerd battles, the usual stuff. Although there's still this tension between us, and it's slowly killing me.

Just then, my phone buzzed under the feet, since I developed a new technique of using it as a massaging device. I opened it up to my text messages.

Moon: Hey

Me: Hi, what's up?

Moon: Qinter! 😍