More Trouble

A/N: 

"Update," hissed the readers, voices dripping with venom as they shoved the laptop in the poor writer's face, as if the laptop were a gun.

The writer tried to protest with her actions, squirming about and even attempting to fight, but her efforts were in vain as more and more readers surrounded her.

"Update, and you shall live another day," one reader sneered.

"B-but, what if it's not quality content?" the writer stuttered. That was a valid excuse, right?

"We don't care. Hit the publish button NOW," demanded the readers, their voices echoing off the walls like a ghostly chorus.

And thus, a new chapter was born.

- Clay's POV -

"Today is the day," exclaimed Peril on a cheery Sunday morning. "Where we set our minds forth ... and do absolutely nothing."

"Nah," I answered. "How about we go make food?"

"Oh yeah, that as well," she stated. "Let's make that .. you know, thing where you mush apples and they turn into this cool, sweet solid-liquid thing?"

"Applesauce?"

"Yeah, that!"

We started making our way to the kitchen when Peril suddenly paused again. "Wait, there's something I want to do."

"What?" I asked.

Her eyes gleamed murderously. "Let's go egg Scarlet's house."

A chill ran down my spine. Scarlet was Peril's former adoptive mother who only claimed her because she heard some dumb rumor that kids with bright red hair had fire powers, and bought into it. When she found out that Peril was NOT a fire bender, Scarlet treated her terribly and returned her to the orphanage months later. Luckily, her daughter Ruby was kind enough to take Peril in.

"Peril," I began. "That's not a good idea. I know Scarlet was super mean and all, but-"

"I take you to Wendy's and you can order whatever you want and I'll pay," interrupted Peril. "Deal?"

"..."

"I take that as a yes," she grinned, snatching me by the arm. "C'mon, let's go walk to Giant and get some eggs."

On the way there, a McDonald's came into view. Peril and I watched for a while as a car passed by the drivethrough. Minutes later, the window rolled down and a smiling employee handed the customer his bag of food.

That's when I felt Peril's gaze on me. Her blue eyes gleamed with an intensity so strong they almost turned black, and that could only mean one thing.

"Peril," I began slowly, putting my hand up.

She cut me off, completely ignoring me. "So you know how there's this motion sensor thing on the ground of those drive-throughs that can detect when a car is there?"

"Yeah?"

"What if we re-created that scene from Diary of a Wimpy Kid? You know, where they have to jump on the pavement really hard by themselves, so the employee would sense them like a car?"

"Peril, we're here to get eggs-"

"Screw the eggs; I want to see if it really works."

"..."