An Alliance Is Forming

- Clay's POV -

Today in Spanish class we were working on speaking phrases with our partners, by listening to audio recordings and then watching videos. Normally this would've been fun except we had a substitute today, and he looked as if he'd been called in just before he was going to sleep in.

"When I was in school, I took German," he announced. "I don't know why I'm here."

He turned the lights off - by slamming his fist against the switches - and opened up a video about two people interacting at school discussing their schedules. Apparently, one girl had science class twice in her curriculum, but I didn't see why she was complaining. Science was a great subject which I found easier to learn than all other subjects.

Peril whispered, "El maestro es un cerdo muy feo."

"That's mean," I whispered back. "You're lucky he can't hear you from there."

"Do I hear whispering in the back?" grunted the teacher. "I'm capable of writing down detentions, you know."

"Ooh, I'm so scared," mumbled Peril. "What will happen? Will I be tased with a laser beam or stabbed in the back through a lollipop? Say, Clay," she said. "What's your favorite lollipop flavor?"

"Definitely strawberry, but if beef flavor existed it would be beef."

When we got to the cafeteria for lunch, there was a large crowd gathered around the center of the stage, where Sunny and Fatespeaker were singing. They weren't necessarily bad, but let's just say they could go with a little practice.

"LOOK DOWN, LOOK DOWN," Fatespeaker warbled into a microphone.

Normally she would be in trouble because most teachers HATED it when students sang "those stupid corny thingy-ma-bobbers they call music," but no one was here at the time.

"DON'T LOOK HIM IN THE EYE," Tsunami screeched back.

"LOOK DOWN, LOOK DOWN,"

"YOU'RE HERE UNTIL YOU DIEEE."

"Haha, it's true about that last part," Peril said. When people looked at her confusedly, she explained, "We're stuck here at school 'til we perish from the suffering we've endured."

"Ohh."

Even Tsunami let out a small chuckle, which made my heart soar a bit; she and Peril weren't exactly on good terms.

"Once upon a time," Fatespeaker raised a hand, creating a tense silence in the cafeteria. People leaned in eagerly for what would come next. "There was a girl. Meek as a deer, she excluded herself from society, sitting alone at lunch with no friends. Little did everyone know, the girl would emerge from her shell like a butterfly from a cacoon if a person just talked to her, but no one found out because of her one secret. And that secret was ..."

All eyes were on Fatespeaker, drilling into her like knives and digging deeper every second that passed. Fatespeaker took a deep breath. The next words which flew out of her mouth were legendary.

"SHE'S A FANGIRL!"

Everyone's reaction was legendary too but in a different way. Someone threw a tomato in Fatespeaker's face, which bounced on the floor with a splat. Fatespeaker gingerly picked up the broken tomato and gushed, "A tomato? That means Spain is one step closer to claiming South Italy's heart!"