So ... I think I gained a Friend?

A/N: If any of you awesome readers are French, happy late Bastille Day! Annnd winning the World Cup. (Wow, must be a happy week for y'all.) I'm not all that into sports and all, but my family is so we watched the finals together.

- Glory's POV -

The minute I woke up I knew something was wrong, and it wasn't the fact that my hair escaped its rollers at night.

Apparently I was a disease. On Facebook.

Some dumb idiot - probably Tsunami - had posted, "EVERYONE WATCH OUT. THERE IS THIS TERRIFYING ILLNESS CALLED GLORY AND IT'S CONTAGIOUS AND FATAL. You can catch it from sophisticated green-haired high school prom queens who put on too much lip gloss it's a crime, and they often accessorize themselves with cray cray undere bodyguards. Symptoms of the disease include having a sudden addiction to Pretty Little Liars, having a BIGGER addiction to Mean Girls, as well as eating only a pint of salad leaves per day. Oh yeah, and vomiting and coughing."

Then, a whole sea of idiots commented things like, "Oh yeah! My sister's definitely a Glory victim!" and "I guess some TV Show characters will be dead soon."

Only one user told everyone to stop the silliness. I followed that angel.

My wakeup schedule was the same after that: Get dressed - fuzzy yellow dress sweater, magenta blouse, skinny jeans, boots - Brush teeth, Wash face, Order the same breakfast Kinkajou complained about all the time, Get in my car, Drive to eternal hell. *cough* School. *cough*

Only this time, Kinkajou never made a single remark about my oatmeal. Instead, she was only poking at her food with a dreamy expression, occasionally mumbling about a dinner date, and saying something about shipping. Whatever, at least she was back to her old self.

And for once, I got to tease her about having a boyfriend instead of the other way around.

School was a huge mess when I got here, basically a school yard brawl. Well, maybe not a school yard brawl, because all the screaming took place in the cafeteria, but you get the idea.

"Something's up," Deathbringer muttered. It was the first time he hadn't addressed me as 'My darling future wife' or 'Your Maj'. "Peril's still screaming at one of the new kids. I think his name is Lightchaser or something."

"Darkstalker." I corrected. I can hear Peril and Darkstalker all the way from here. Still, I'll go there to watch, because who hates a good show?

"HOW COULD YOU?" Peril roared, eyes blazing. "You were the reason we fought yesterday."

"No he didn't, you ignorant genius," Tsunami spat, intervening. "What new kid is dumb enough to cause trouble about love affairs on their first week here? You were jealous I beat you on that video game Saturday, and decided to start an affair."

Darkstalker nodded meekly. "Yeah, she's right. I didn't do anything." Then he added, "Do you have my homework, by any chance?"

"I used to, but now it's in the garbage bin torn into shreds, you pathetic person."

Darkstalker's eyes flashed for a second, but Fathom came and whispered something in his ear. Darkstalker nodded, and the two went off to homeroom. I snuck up behind them to see what was up, but turns out Fathom was only letting Darkstalker copy his own homework. Sigh.

Later at my own homeroom, I heard both Peril and Tsunami had gotten detention warnings for fighting. People all around the classroom were complaining over whether they deserved it, and if Darkstalker had anything to do with this, but maybe we all just needed something good to talk about.

Later, I secretly spied on Darkstalker as he made his daily trip to Principal Arctic's office, but never got any useful information. It was always the same; he heads in, they chat, and he heads out either smirking or scowling.

I think I'll just give up.

And then I noticed the whole school seemed to be in a bad mood today. At math, Sunny, one of the sweetest, friendliest people I know, talked back to Ms. Kestrel about her bad score on a test. The casual conversation Winter and Qibli were having turned into an argument before they stopped, but their bitter expressions said all. 

But the biggest event happened in gym class, when we were playing a full class game of basketball. Tsunami, who was usually one of the sports captains and scored the most points, missed terribly today.

A group of the other athletic kids must have thought so, too, because now they were shooting her down with annoyed complaints and insults.

"We failed today," a burly kid sneered, "all thanks to you."

"Shut up." was Tsunami's response.

Bad move, my friend. This, of course, made the kids to anything but shut up. The tormenting of the insults came again, as everyone else crowded around to see what would happen.

"Hey, guys," a voice snapped. It was mine. "That's enough. Leave her alone."

A bunch of students gawked in my direction like, OMG! The richest, sassiest, most popular girl defending the outspoken prankster?! Things are gonna go DOWN!

"You heard me." I was always great at the no-nonsense voice, since I used it too many times on Deathbringer. This time, though, it wasn't him who'd get a scolding.

One boy with large hands and a sneering face smirked, crossing his arms. "What are you gonna do about it? Tell the teacher? Call Mommy? I heard that she disowned you a week ago."

It wasn't true, but this took a jab in my stomach. Suddenly I couldn't speak anymore, as the memory came crashing down: Mom screaming at me. Her eyes, full of hatred. Poor Kinkajou's eyes welling up with tears. My knees turned to jello.

Seeing this, the oppressor took a step toward me so we were face to face. He lifted his arm. And - like slow motion - it came crashing down on me. I was about to meet my end.

Except the blow never came, because there, suddenly, a firm hand was wrestling against that arm, holding it back so nothing would touch me.

Tsunami smirked at me, but it was a heroic, victorious smirk instead of an offensive one. "Don't worry; you can run now. He's about to go down."

"Nah," I shook my head, "I'm a decent fighter, too. I used to take martial arts, y'know?" I raised my fist with a menacing sneer, after seeing the boy quiver like a leaf on a branch.

Unfortunately, that's when a teacher came in so we had to stop. The boy gulped, looked around, and quickly spun on his heels and ran away. The whole class shook with laughter, but I think Tsunami and I snickered the loudest.

So hey, maybe we're not enemies anymore for at least today, right? I was getting tired of us declaring war on each other for the stupidest things, anyway.

A/N: This chapter was kinda short compared to the others, sorry.