Winter Break

A/N: I haven't updated in quite a while, so I'm sorry about that.

I also want to apologize to all the users who filled in their forms to be a co-author, as I decided that I'll be writing on my own right now. This doesn't mean that you can't do anything to influence this book, though! Feel free to give me ideas through inbox or on my conversations wall; I'll be super grateful. 😊

- Kinkajou's POV -

"So, Moon," I said as I ate another slice of mango. "Truth ... or dare? " I made sure to emphasize the 'dare.'

"Um ..." She looked around the whole circle of our friends gathered on the floor, then turned back to me. "Truth."

"Tch, what a scaredy-cat," Winter jokingly looked down his nose in her direction. "I volunteer her for a dare."

"How very brave of you, Winter," Qibli leaned over to snatch a chip from Winter's Doritos bag. "Kinkajou, you should dare him to-"

Winter interjected. "I said, I volunteered Moon."

Ignoring him, Qibli and I put our heads together and began whispering.

"How about we get him to wear an Elsa outfit and sing Let It Go?" I asked.

"Nah," said Qibli. "That's something he'll probably expect, considering all the Frozen puns we've been making. Uhh ... OH! I got it!" He whispered the plan in my ear and I nodded, giving a thumbs up.

"Winter," I announced, "since we're such kind human beings, we decided not to have you do the dare out of sympathy for your weak soul. After all, you've been frail all your life."

Winter's face instantly flushed red. "How dare you?!" he roared, curling his chip bag into a ball and hurling it at the wall. "I'm ANYTHING but weak."

"Oh, really?" smirked Qibli. "I bet you can't even do the dare we set up for you, then."

Winter's face paled. He looked at Qibli, then at me, then back at Qibli. "You ..." he muttered. "You had it all set up."

By this point, Moon and Turtle's faces were scarlet from laughing under their breaths. When Winter turned to look at them, they instantly went back to the books in their hands, pretending to be engaged in an argument of whether Tris Prior of Divergent deserved a 3 or a 5 for character, on a scale of 1 to 5.

"She's daring and clever and all," mumbled Turtle. "But for some reason, I just can't really bring myself to like her. Maybe it's because she's easily the overused 'short-but-can-kill-you-but-still-has-a-soft-side' trope, which is getting annoying." 

"Eh, true," replied Moon. "Could we move on to talking about Celeana Sardothien from Throne of Glass?"

"Oh, her. I freaking HATE her. She's SO arrogant and annoying, yet she still lives in the end. I don't care how sad her backstory is, she's my least favorite literary character ..." Turtle continued to go on a tangent of how much he disliked the Throne of Glass character. It was so hard to refrain from gaping at him; I guess Turtle's usually quite a cinnamon roll until you bring up books. Then, you release a whole new person.

"Anyway," I said, looking back at Winter. "I dare you to flirt with a girl in Puerto Rico and get her number."

"How exactly do I do that?" Winter asked, the same time Qibli let out a protest of, "Hey!"

"... which brings me to my announcement," I replied. "My mom got tickets for me on a one-week trip to Puerto Rico, and said I could invite my friends! What do you say?"