Mother and Serafina

Anneliese's POV

"Honestly, you'll spoil her mother" I say as I place Serafina's new 'diamond' collar on her.

"I'm allowed to spoil her, besides I brought her for you" she reminds me. "Besides she loves it" she adds as Serafina purrs.

"OK she can keep it, now why did you really invite me here?" I ask her.

"I have a new dress and was wondering is you could be the model" she states.

"Why do I always have to be the model?" I ask her.

"Because you're my daughter and are beautiful" she states. "You also love me" she adds and I roll my eyes.

"What sort of dress?" I ask playing with my necklace.

"A wedding dress" she says smiling and I sigh. She is always trying to get me into wedding tables.

"Why are you always trying to get me to wear wedding dresses? You never married" I tell her.

"Just because I've married no man, doesn't mean I want you to be alone forever. There is only one man I love and he is with someone else. Besides you already planning on giving me a grandchild. Can't I dream about a son in-law?" she asks.

"Fine I'll do it" I tell her.

"Yeah, wear that gorgeous necklace you're wearing and hair down" she states handing me a garment bag. I take it and go change into the dress. I exit the room and mum gives me white kitten heels, which I put on. We go out side where a photographer and make-up artist were waiting.

"Just highlight her natural features" mum tells her. The artist does so and does a little make-up before I was ready for the shoot. I do a few different poses before we finished.

"You were perfect as always, I can't wait until your fashion show Friday" the photographer tells me.

"Anytime Hue, keep up the good work" I tell him shaking his hand. He leaves and I change back into my normal clothes.

"Anneliese darling, where did you get that necklace?" mother asks.

"Just a friend" I say shrugging and she asks to look at it. So I take it off handing it to her. After looking at it closely she gasps nearly dropping it. "Be careful" I say taking it back putting it on.

"Who exactly gave that to you?" she asks.

"His name was Julian, he said it would be a reminder of our night together" I say blushing.

"Have I taught you nothing?" she asks annoyed. "No talking to strangers and certainly no giving your virginity to one" she snaps before taking a deep breath. "I forbid you to ever see him again and don't ever wear that necklace in public" she tells me.

"I haven't seen him since we were together, he left town" I tell her. "Why shouldn't I wear it in public?" I ask her annoyed. I'm not a little girl anymore, she can't tell me what to do.

"That necklace is no silly little trinket, it is worth millions of dollars. People would do anything to have it, even kill" she states.

"Why do you think that?" I ask her.

"The last time I saw it, Queen Lillian Granger of Italy" she states.

"We don't know any royalty" I tell her confused.

"I left it all behind before you were born to come live here with your grandmother. Your biological father was a crowned prince when I meet him. His parents organized an arranged marriage for and instead of choosing me. He choose the other girl he'd never meet before, he broke my heart Anneliese. So I left Italy and my life there behind to return here. While I was there I meet the royal family at a ball and the queen was wearing that exact same necklace" she explains.

"So you're saying I have royal blood?" I ask and she nods making me laugh hard. "I'm no princess mother and don't want to be one either. I make fancy dresses, I don't wear them" I tell her. "But I promise never to wear the necklace in public and don't worry. You and my child will be all the family I need" I assure her.

"Child? Did you do the home test?" she asks excitedly.

"Yes, I did it this morning and it was positive" I tell her smiling. "Serafina already seems to love the baby, she has been constantly purring against my stomach the last few days" I state.

"That's so sweet" she says smiling fondly. "Darling please be careful and if you see this Julian again return the necklace" she tells me.

"Of course, I don't need that sort of drama in our lives"  I assure her. But a part of me was reluctant, the time I spent with Julian was special. Even though he lied to me about his status, I probably meant nothing to him. But if that were true, why give me a necklace that is worth millions? I guess I'll never know what he was thinking.

(Adelaide airport) Julian's POV

"Mother we've landed" I say shaking her awake.

"Thank you Julian, let us go to the hotel" she states. We got through immigration and security quickly. Then got into an awaiting limo and it started driving us to the hotel. "So what is your plan to find this girl?" she asks.

"I'll go to the bar where I meet her and ask around" I tell her shrugging.

"What exactly do you know about this girl?" she asks.

"That she loves designing dresses, is twenty-seven, has a cat called Serafina, and she only has a mum but never meet her dad. That's it really" I state.

"What does she look like?" mum asks.

"Honey blonde hair, crystal blue eyes, pink lips, button nose, rosy cheeks and heart shaped face" I say shrugging. "About five foot five inches tall, amazing smile and perfect hour glass figure" I add.

"Sounds like a barbie doll" she mumbles and I roll my eyes. We reach the hotel and the butler grabbed our luggage. Then escorted us to our suite where we unpacked and ordered room service for dinner. Before calling it a night and I fell asleep dreaming of Anne.

A/N

Picture above of the collar and picture on the external link of Serafina.