Guests for Dinner

Anneliese's POV

"Too dressy?Too dressy, too stuffy, too small, too blue. Serafina, I've got nothing to wear. Please help me" I beg raiding my closet. She just looks at me swishing her tail and I sigh. "If you pick a dress, I'll give you tuna tonight" I bargain. Serafina jumps off the bed trotting over and knocks a dress from the rack. I hold the teal lace dress to my body and smile. "I know the perfect things to go with it, thank you girl" I tell her smiling.

I go check on the casserole and serve it before giving Serafina tuna. Then go back to my room to change as I finish brushing my hair the doorbell rings. I take a deep breath and go to answer it smiling. "Glad you found the place ok" I say as I let Julian and his mother in. "Dining room is the last doorway on the right, I was just about to plate up" I state.

"Julian help her with the plates" his mother tells him. I wanted to protest, but held my tongue as I lead him to the kitchen. I serve the food and we carry the plates to the dining room.

"Beef casserole with rice and home made flat bread" I state as we sat down.

"It smells amazing Anneliese" Julian compliments me.

"It was my grandmother's recipe" I say shrugging. We start to eat quietly until Julian's mother placed her splade down. "Is it to spicy your highness?" I ask.

"You can call me Lillian, we are practically family after all" she states.

"No we're not, Julian may have gotten me pregnant. But that does not make us family and nothing you say can change my mind" I tell her.

"You know we have more then enough room at the palace for you and your child. Your mother is invited also" she tells me.

"I want nothing to do with your world" I snap. "If that is why you came here tonight, then you can leave" I state.

"No, we just wanted to get to know you" Julian assures me.

"What's there to know? I like to dance, design dresses, make dresses by hand, own a small boutique, have cat and a mother" I say shrugging.

"You're just like your mother, incredibly stubborn" Lillian mumbles.

"At least I'm not a coward like my father" I snap.

"Your father is a very good man and a good father" she tells.

"So what? He broke my mothers heart and had a child with another woman. Even when the woman died, he never came to look for my mother or I. Just because he didn't know about me, doesn't mean he could not pursue my mother. But he never came" I tell her annoyed.

"He did though, he never forgot about your mother" she states.

"You lie, now drop this subject or leave" I tell her standing up. Then head to the kitchen and start putting leftovers into containers. Serafina jumped up onto the bunch beside me and I give her a gentle smile.

"I am sorry about my mother upsetting you" Julian says from the doorway.

"I just don't want to talk about your world Julian" I tell him.

"It's your world too" he states and I glare at him. "Whether you like it or not, you are a Princess Anneliese and are the true heir to the throne of Italy. Not me or my mother" he tells me.

"I what nothing to do with Italy" I snap. "So shut up or get out" I tell him sternly.

"Ok, please calm down" he begs. "It's not good for the baby" he says and I take a deep breath.  I finish packing the left overs and place them in the freezer, but putting one in the fridge. "So this is Serafina?" he asks patting her gently.

"Yes, she was a gift from my mother" I state smiling.

"I'm going to adopt a cat from the AWL" he tells me smiling.

"That's good, there are many animals that need good homes. Serafina was one of them according to my mother" I tell him and he raises an eyebrow. "When she was a kitten her mother was killed by a dog, by the time she was found. Her siblings were already dead, she was the lucky one" I explain smiling as I pat her.

"She is lucky to have you as an owner" he states.

"Lets party!" a voice shouts and I run into the foyer.

"Erica!" I shriek and hug her tightly. "I thought you were in Paris" I say pulling away.

"I finished early and decided to surprise you" she states. "I'm sorry, I am interrupting" she says looking behind.

"No you're not, he and his mother were just leaving" I assure her. "Why don't you go set up the Wii and I'll be there in a minute" I state.

"I guess we've over stayed our welcome, have a good evening Anneliese" Lillian says before leaving. Julian kisses my hand before leaving and I shut the door behind him locking it. I go into the lounge to see Erica putting Just Dance 2 on.

"So who were they?" she asks.

"Old friend of mum's and the father of my child" I say shrugging.

"Oh you finally got some" she says smirking as I blush. "Was he good? Call April over" she tells me. Sighing I call April and she soon joins us. "You pick the song Anne" Erica tells me.

"You know I dispease that nickname" I tell her.

"Yet you told Julian it was your name" April teases and I roll my eyes. I pick Crazy in Love by Beyonce. "That's mean, you always win at this dance" she pouts.

"You shouldn't tease me then" I tell her as we pick our avatar names. Then press play and start to dance. I win and we play a few more before calling it. Afterwards we watched Princess Diaries 2 before crushing in my room in my queen size bed.

A/N

Picture above of Anneliese's outfit and picture on the external link of the casserole. Video above of Crazy in Love by Beyonce on Just Dance 2.