Labor and Birth

Anneliese's POV

Julian and I are officially moved into my newly built house. It's perfect, exactly as I always dreamed when I dreamt of my dream house. Julian turned the study room, aka my design room into a nursery. He knew how much I wanted our babies close to us for the first year. Now they wont be on the other end to the house. But once they're a year old they'll be moved into the second bedroom.

We finally settled on baby names. But are going to keep it a secret until the name party after the twins are born. The midwife will know as she has to put their names on the birth certificate. But no one else will know until the party.

Anyway I'm thirty-nine weeks pregnant and I am so ready for this pregnancy to be over. I look like a whale and my feet are all swollen. Julian is rubbing them now and man it feels like heaven. But the midwife wants me to be pregnant as long as possible. So that the babies can spend less time in hospital after the birth. But once I hit full term at forty weeks, she'll be happy to put me in labor.

"We have to get going if you don't want to miss our dinner date with Falcon and Katherine" Julian tells me. Breaking me from my thoughts.

"What? Oh yeah our double date" I mumble.

"You know we don't have to go, they'd understand. You are thirty nine weeks pregnant with twins" he tells me.

"Yes, but we promised to see them as they had something they wanted to tell us" I remind him. "Can you help me up?" I ask him. He nods putting my feet down and grabs my hands. As he pulls me off of the catch I feel a pool of wetness slid down my legs

"Did your water just break?" he asks me dumbly.

"Yes, looks like our date is concealed" I tell him smiling sheepishly. Be grabs my hospital bag and helps me into the car. As he drives to hospital I call our mothers and text our friends. As the contractions hit I breath deeply and exhale timing them.

Something tells me it'll be a quick labor. As my on contractions are only ten minutes apart as we reach the hospital.  Once inside we're rushed to a private ward where I'll be having my water birth. I refused to have a c-section unless it is absolutely necessary, as in life or death. ( https://activebirthpools.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Active-Birth-Pool-Fernandez-Hospital-India-1-1024x953.jpg )

The midwife appears once I'm in my birth bathing suits. She has me sit on the bed knees up legs apart. "You're seven centimeters dilated, another two and then you'll get into the tub" she tells me as I put legs down. "Just walk around a little have some ice chips, are you sure you want no pain meds?" she asks me.

"I'm sure" I assure her. She sets about getting things ready to give the twins a health check once they're born. Julian doesn't leave my side as I pace the room slowly. Soon I'm nine centimeters and he helps me into the tub. He holds my hand as the midwife gets in.

"Ok breath and on your next contraction push" she tells me. There are two nurses on stand by ready to examine the babies once they were born. I breath deeply as my contraction hits and I push hard.

(Thirty minutes latter)

I'm breathing hard after my last push. "I can't do this" I breath.

"Yes you can" Julian tells me. "Just think about our baby girls, holding them in your arms" he tells me.

"Ok, I need you to push hard on the next one. The baby is crowning" the midwife tells me.

"You hear that Elise, one of our girls is nearly here" Julian tells me smiling. Feeling new strength and determination to meet my daughters. I push hard on my next contraction and feel relief as the midwife brings out the first baby. Hands her to a nurse and soon we're hearing her first cries of life.

But our joy and relief is short lived as another contraction hits. Looks like baby number two wants to rejoin her sister. Not even ten minutes later she arrives. As she is cleaned I am given our first daughter by Julian. He is soon given our second daughter.

"They're perfect" I tell him tiredly.

"Just like their mother" he says smiling.

"She has your hair" I say rubbing the soft damp brown hair of the baby I hold.

"Well her sister has your hair" he says fondly looking at our daughters. We enjoy our time with our daughters as the midwife takes photos for us. I soon hand baby number one to her and get out of the tub. I dry off with a towel and get into the warm bed. I'm taught how to breast both babies and they take their first drink of life.

"Mr Granger, your mothers are getting impatient about meeting your daughters. Also we still need their names for the birth certificates" the midwife states. 

"Of course, but please keep them out until the babies are feed" he tells her. She agrees and we tells her the names. Then sign them and tell her to keep them hidden from our friends/family. They babies finish feeding and Julian takes baby number one as I hold number two as our mothers entered the room.

A/N

Picture above of the newborn baby girls and picture on the external link of what Anneliese's stomach looked like before she went into labor.

P.S: you will find out their names in the next chapter.