Vet Clinic Run in

Picture of Anneliese: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7b/63/2a/7b632a6bad458b288131ab827d3066ee--hope-logan-kim-matula.jpg

Anneliese's POV

"Ok Serafina, come here girl lets go see mum" I call after grabbing her cat carrier. She appears wearing her new collar and I smile. Serafina jumps into my arms and I place her in the carrier shutting it quickly. "Time to go to the vet" I tell her and the meows in protest. She hates going to the vet, but loves going to see my mum.

I place the carrier on the passenger side seat before shutting the door. Then get into the drivers seat and back out of the drive way. I drive us to the Golden Grove vet clinic for her annual check up. (Picture of her car: https://motorbash.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/9080702.001.jpg).

When we arrive I go to weigh Serafina knowing the carrier weighed a kilo. "So what would you suggest?" a male voice asks.

"There plenty of animals that need adopting" a feminine voice states. "I could give you the number and website of the AWL or RSPCA" she adds.

"That'd be great" the man states and I groan. I knew that voice sounded familiar. Taking a deep breath I grab Serafina's cat carrier and walk up to the counter.

"Appointment for Serafina, she weighs three point two kilos" I state.

"Anne" the man says and I ignore him.

"Of course, take a seat and the vet will be with you shortly" the girls tells me. I nod my head and take a seat placing the carrier on my lap. Soon I see someone sit next to me and I sigh in annoyance.

"Can I help you?" I ask.

"Anneliese, you can't just ignore me" Julian states. "I know I lied about my life, but you lied too. Can't we just start over?" he asks.

"I only lied about my name, nothing else" I tell him. "You lied about your life, carrier, reason for leaving, last name and where you live. How can I trust someone like that?" I ask.

"Please for the baby's sake" he begs.

"The baby was going to grow up without you anyway, why do you suddenly care now?" I ask.

"Because my mother knows, I like you a lot and if you don't come back with me. I'll be marrying your sister" he states.

"I have no sister" I snap.

"Half sister" he corrects himself.

"As far as I'm concerned, I have no father therefore I have no half siblings" I state.

"Serafina" the vet calls and I leave Julian. The vet does the usual check up after I got Serafina out of the cage. Then gave her, her shot for the year and I place her back in the carrier. "How's her behavior at home?" he asks.

"She's very well behaved, but has been more affectionate lately" I tell him.

"Have you ever thought of letting her have a litter of kittens?" he asks.

"No, besides I won't have the time to look after them with work and my own baby on the way" I state.

"Congratulations on your pregnancy, but maybe you should think about it" he states. "She is sexually matured and even though she is kept inside. She is not desexed and could become pregnant herself" he explains.

"Ok, I'll think about it" I assure him. "See you next year" I say shaking his hand and leave the room. I go to the desk asking how much for the appointment.

"That young man already paid" she says pointing and I turn to see Julian.

"How much was it?" I ask her in annoyance.

"63.50" she states. I take the money out of my purse walking over to Julian. I hold the money out to him glaring.

"I can pay for my own bills, I don't need or want your charity" I tell him.

"I am not taking your money Anne" he states.

"It's Anneliese" I snap and take a deep breath. I walk over to the donation box for the AWL and put the money in there. Before leaving the vet clinic heading to my car and sigh when I hear someone following me.

"Anneliese, please give me a chance or at least meet my mother" he begs.

"Fine, bring her to my house tonight for dinner" I tell him and hand him my address. "Now leave me alone, I have to get to work" I state. Then drive to my small boutique and head to the back room. I let Serafina out of her carrier and get to work sowing a dress that needed mending. Afterwards I played with Serafina using a string of ribbon.

"Anneliese, are you finish mending that dress?" April asks poking her head through the door.

"Yeah, is the mother here?" I ask and she nods her head. I grab the dress and hand it to her. I look at the time and sigh packing up. "April I have to go, I'm having guests over tonight" I tell her. "Can you lock up?" I ask and she nods her head. Serafina was asleep in her carrier, so I just shut the door and take it to the car. I drive us home and decide to do a casserole for dinner.

A/N

Picture above of Anneliese's house and picture on the external link of the vet clinic interior.