Waking Up

(Lyell McEwin Hospital) Anneliese's POV

I wake up blinking as my eyes adjusted to the light of the room. "Anneliese, thank goodness you're awake" mother says grabbing my hand.

"What happen? The babies are they ok?" I ask her realizing we were in a hospital.

"They're both fine" April voice answers and I turn to see her here also. Along with Nicole and Erica.

"You didn't tell me it was twins" Erica says pouting.

"Sorry" I tell her smiling sheepishly.

"Anneliese you shouldn't be angry with Julian" Nicole states.

"She's right, his mother orchestrated the whole Charles incident. Julian had no part in it and tried to stop them from coming to the show" mum states.

"Now I feel terrible" I tell them feeling guilty.

"I'm sure he didn't take it personally" April assures me.

"Mum can you call him and go wait for him at the door?" I ask. She agree leaving the room after I gave her my phone.

"So what's really going on?" Nicole asks.

"She's right, who was that man and girl?" Erica asks. I sigh and tell them my mothers story. As well as who Julian and his mother really are. "Wow you're pregnant after having a one night stand with a prince and he now wants you to be his queen" Erica says smiling.

"I want nothing to do with that world, to much drama to be raising a child" I tell her

"But you said he'd give up the throne to be with you" April states.

"I won't let him throw his future away because of me" I state.

"I wouldn't be throwing it away" Julian states as he enters the room with my mum. "I'd choose you over the throne any day, because I love you" he says holding my hand.

"It was selfish of me to try and keep you two apart" mum says smiling sheepishly.

"I understand mum, that man broke your heart and you were only trying to protect me from the same fate" I assure her.

"That's not all Anneliese, may I speak to my daughter alone?" she asks everyone. The others leave and Julian follows after kissing my forehead. "Before I left Italy I found out I was pregnant with you, I was going to tell Charles. Hoping he'd choose us, but before I could his engagement to Lady Helena was announced. He didn't even warn me or ask for my opinion, he just choose her. A complete stranger, so I left Italy without telling him about you. I'd hoped he'd choose me for me, but he didn't. I wasn't going to guilt him into choosing me for your sake" she explains.

"You still love him, don't you?" I ask her.

"Very much so, but I won't be someones second choice" she states.

"Why not let him explain, he obviously still cares for you" I tell her.

"Maybe, I don't know Anneliese" she says scratching the back of her neck.

"You deserve happiness as much as I do" I tell her.

"I'll call him" she tells me before leaving the room. Julian enters the room alone and I look at him confused.

"They thought we needed some time alone" he states.

"I'm sorry for how I reacted, it was wrong of me to accuse you and threaten you with our babies" I tell him.

"Our babies" he says smiling stroking my belly. "I know you don't want to leave in Italy, but there is to be a ball next week. I was wondering if you'd come?" he asks.

"It's the least I could do, but only for a few days" I tell him.

"Of course, but the cats would have to stay here" he tells me.

"Nicole would be happy to look after them" I assure him. "When do we leave?" I ask.

"After your appointment" he tells me.

"What about the others?" I ask.

"The Kennings were only staying for the weekend, mum may return with them as she has to do some last minute preparations for ball" he states. "Your mum can come too" he tells me. Just then mum enters the room smiling gently.

"I take it things went well" I say smiling.

"He invited me to a ball next week" she states.

"Julian invited me also, why don't you go with us to Italy?" I ask her.

"Sounds wonderful" she says smiling. "The doctor wants to give you one last check up before we leave" she adds. Doctor Chang appears and gives me a once over before allowing me to leave. But telling me to avoid stressful situations. Julian took me home after we collected Coco who was happy to see Serafina again.

A/N

Picture above of the Lyell McEwin hospital.