Kittens Being Born

Anneliese's POV

The kittens are being born today and the vet is here to make sure everything goes smoothly. Mum still isn't back from Italy and Julian keeps having secret talks with my friends. I feel like they're up to something. But I can't decided if it is a good or bad thing yet.

Julian keeping Coco in the other room as Serafina gives birth. Only Nicole and I are in the room with the vet. And my cat in labour.

I'm now twelve weeks pregnant and a bump is starting to form. It's still very small. But everyone loves to touch it and speak to it. It gets annoying sometimes, so I lock myself in the studio to work. Julian has tried to get me to stop working, but I refuse to do so.

My job was to help guide the newborn kittens to a nipple each. Nicole was the make sure Serafina did everything she is suppose to. The vet was there to make sure nothing went wrong during the birth. With Serafina or her kittens.

"Here comes the first one" the vet states. A minute or so later a completely brown kitten appears. Serafina bit the imbecile cord off and groomed the kitten so that it could breath. I then gently guide the kitten to a nipple. Once it latched on and began to drink I let it go. The next kitten was brown and white. The third was white and was followed by an other brown kitten. The final two kittens were different colours. The first was another completely brown one and the last was brown/white kitten.

"She did everything right" Nicole declares happily.

"And there's no more contractions" the vet states. "All the kittens are in perfect health and Serafina is fine" he adds.

"Thanks for all the help you two" I say smiling.

"You didn't need it, she's a natural mother" the vet tells me. "We won't know the genders for a couple of weeks. But I'll come by weekly or you can bring them in. Just to make sure they're all doing ok" he explains.

"Of course, see you in a week" I say smiling as he leaves. Julian enters with Coco in a cat carrier. The vet said we should take it slow introducing him to his kittens. Especially as Serafina is going to be very protective over them. Julian places the cage beside Serafina's birth box, so that she could see Coco.

At first she did nothing until Coco walked up to the door and she hissed at him. Curling protectively around her still suckling kittens. Coco backed of into the corner of his cage and she stopped hissing. I place a bowl of water and a bowl of food down in front of her. She took both happily.

"They look just like Coco and Serafina" Julian states looking at the six kittens. "What are the genders?" he asks.

"Don't know, we won't find out for another couple of weeks. But we have to take them to the vet weekly. Just for check ups and injections. Then once their the right weight, they'll be desexed. Both your mum and mine may chose their kittens. Erica, April, Abigail, and Katherine may have the rest. That way they can still see some of their family" I explain.

"Sounds great" he says smiling. Coco walks to the door again and this time Serafina does nothing. But watch him carefully. "Should I let him out?" Julian asks.

"What do you think Nicole?" I ask.

"I think it'll be ok, he'd never hurt her or the kittens. And will back off if Serafina tells him too" she states. I give Julian a nod and he backs the carrier away a little before letting Coco out. Coco approaches the birth box slowly on his stomach. When Serafina hisses he stops and she stops. He waits a few minutes before trying to approach again. It took sometime, but he was soon laying in front of the birth box.

When he tried to peer in, Serafina gave him the evil eye. So he laid his head down on his front paws. All the kittens were now asleep and Serafina seems more relaxed. Soon both her and Coco were asleep.

"Should we leave them?" Julian asks us.

"It's to soon to leave them alone, we have to take Coco with us. Then shut the door, Serafina will be able to leave if she wants to. But she has everything she needs" Nicole states. We'd put a cat litter tray in here, she has a food and water bowl. "There's also the monitor" she adds. Yeah, we're using a baby monitor. Encase the kittens or Serafina become distressed. Julian picks up the carrier while Nicole picks Coco up gently so not to wake him.

We left the room and I shut the door. There was a one way cat flap, so that Serafina could leave the room if she wished to do so. We had moved her birth box to the laundry, so that she had privacy. Anyway Nicole places Coco on his cat stand and we all decide to watch the new Jungle Book. I had the monitor next to me encase Serafina woke up.

A/N

Picture above of the kittens and picture on the external link on the size of Anneliese's stomach.