Are You Stalking me?

Julian's POV

Today I will be adopting a cat from the Edinburgh North AWL centre. Things didn't go so well the night before at Anneliese's house last night. She is just so stubborn, just like her mother according to mine. My mother was at her (Anneliese's) mother's today while I adopt my cat. I arrived at the clinic and went inside. No one was at the desk so I dinged the bell.

Anneliese's POV

My friend Nicole needed an extra hand at the AWL centre today and I had nothing else planed. So here I am volunteering at the Edinburgh north centre. Suddenly the front desk bell went off. "Please get that Anneliese, I need to prepare Coco for his new owner" Nicole states.

"Sure thing" I say smiling and go to the desk. "Welcome to the" I start to say and stop when I see Julian. "Are you stalking me of something?" I snap and he looks at me shocked.

"No, I'm here to adopt a cat" he states.

"A likely story" I say crossing my arms.

"Oh Julian, you're early" Nicole states as she appears with Coco in her arms.

"You know him?" I ask her.

"Yes, he is here to adopt Coco" she states placing the brown and white cat on the bench.

"I am sorry for not believing you" I tell Julian before going to the back room.

Julian's POV

"Did I miss something? Do you know each other?" Nicole asks me.

"Yes we do and she doesn't have a very high opinion of me" I tell her. "So this is Coco?" I ask patting the cat and he purrs.

"Yes and he seems to like you already" she states smiling. "Do you have a collar or any cat supplies?" she asks.

"I have a collar, but nothing else" I say taking out the collar. (Picture of the collar: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB14ihMIpXXXXbhXVXXq6xXFXXXV/Pink-Red-Black-Flocked-Fabric-Leather-Pet-Dog-Cat-Collar-Bling-Rhinestones-Crown-Charm-Collars-For.jpg). "I could use some help choosing" I tell her.

"I'll have Anneliese help, needless to say you both need sometime together" she states before going out the back. Soon Anneliese returns with an apologetic smile on her face.

"Nicole says I am to help pick things out for Coco" she states coming out from behind the desk. "He was vaccinated yesterday, but it due to be desexed this weekend unless you don't want him to be. He likes ping pong balls and I suggest a cat stand with a bed. You need a food and water bowl as well as a litter tray. Also he needs to be brushed every other day, so you'll need a brush. You'll also need a cat carrier" she explains taking a few things off of the shelves.

"Thanks for helping Anne, I mean Anneliese" I say and she smiles gently. "Can I ask you something?" I ask.

"You just did, but you may ask another question" she says smirking slightly.

"Why don't you like the name Anne?" I ask and she frowns slightly.

"My first boyfriend always called me Anne, he died in senior year after being mugged. I haven't had a boyfriend since or allowed anyone to call me Anne. That was his name for me" she explains.

"Then why tell me that was your name?" I ask confused.

"You remind me of him in many ways" she states smiling. "He to kept his identity a secret, I thought he was an exchange student spending his senior year here. Turns out he was a millionaire's son and that's what got him killed. Someone was threatening his family and he was sent here for his own protection with a fake identity. But they found him anyway and killed him" she says tearing up.

"I'm sorry for your lose" I tell her.

"It was years ago" she assures me. "There I believe that's everything" she states going back behind the desk. "That is fifty dollars for the cat and 57.50 for the supplies" she tells me.

"I'll just use my card" I tell her taking it out. She places Coco in the carrier after putting his collar on. "Do you think I could come over later?" I ask and she looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "I don't know much about raising a cat, my family always had dogs. So I thought you could give me some advice" I explain.

"I'd be happy to, just bring Coco around after dinner" she states. Nicole then reappears helping me put stuff into my rental car. I thanked her fro Coco before leaving.

Anneliese's POV

"You should give him a chance Anneliese, you're twenty seven and pregnant with his baby. It's time you moved on" Nicole tells me.

"I know, it's just hard to let go of the past" I tell her.

"Go to the park later and say goodbye to Dominick" she says placing a hand on my shoulder.

"You're right I should say goodbye, but that doesn't mean I'll get with Julian" I tell her.

"Keep telling yourself that" she says chuckling. "Now lets get back to work" she states. We finish feeding the animals and cleaning out empty cages. Even went to rescue a stray dog which Nicole put an ad on the website about. An owner came forward and took the dog home. That afternoon on the way home I stopped by mine and Dominick's park.

I finally said goodbye and let him go, but I'd never forget him. When I got home I just had a frozen pizza while Serafina ate normal cat food. At seven o'clock the door bell rang and I smiled. Julian had arrived, this should be an interesting evening.

A/N

Picture above of Coco and picture on the external link of the AWL logo.