Chapter 22 - Lover's Quarrel

"In a false quarrel, there is no true valor."

- William Shakespeare

It was a blissful night's sleep having her in my arms and knowing that nothing could take her away from me, nothing that posed an actual threat, and just like the other day after we had gotten to sleep in each other's arms, I was surprisingly the first one to wake up. Her breathing was soft and slow, and every so often it would hitch in a gentle snore that made me smile as my fingers curled around her back even further, and I pulled her closer, finding that my head was tucked under hers, funny enough, with my face pressed into her collar. Her scent surrounded me, and I found great comfort in just the smell of her as I cuddled close to her, prepared and willing to go back to sleep, but I was never allowed that luxury of drifting away with her again as I heard someone clear their throat.

Frisk began to stir much to my disappointment as I felt her arms tighten around my neck, and she mumbled a few inaudible words as she began to turn her head, not quite opening her eyes to figure out what was going on. I, however, lifted my head just slightly to see Grillby standing in the door way, an amused smile on his face though as soon as he noticed I was looking, it faded away just slightly, but I knew it wasn't a school day, so I didn't feel the need to get up early. I turned and pulled Frisk closer to me, nuzzling into her neck as I grumbled, "Ya should knock, Grillbz...Don't know what yer walkin' in to..."

Frisk was awake by that point, her arms wrapped lazily around my neck and one leg over my hip, but at my words, I felt her body stiffen as slightly lean back as if she were pulling away, her assurance a flustered one as she added in an attempt to clarify something that was probably unnecessary, "N-Nothing! You would walk into nothing!" With her head pulled back, her eyes could then turn to me as she lowered her chin and scolded with a slightly higher pitch and lower volume to her voice, "Sans!"

I just chuckled and tugged her back against me, my arms wrapping fully around her, encasing her in my hold as I nuzzled deeper into the crook of her neck, an action that did not ease her fluster as her fingers curled in my shirt. Grillby, however, only chuckled, thoroughly entertained by our early morning interaction, but he wasn't about to let it stall the plans he had for the day as he informed, "I made breakfast, and we are going somewhere today, so please. Hurry up and get dressed."

"In separate rooms, Cherry..." Frisk mumbled near where my ear would be, and I couldn't help the pout that crossed over my face as I whined, "Aw, but Rosy!"

"Sans, no!" Her tone was sure, but my disappointed whimper made her giggle as I went to reluctantly pull away, disentangling myself from her as I muttered a complaint about how I saw her in the lingerie but she still wouldn't let me stay in the same room as her when she changed.

"What was that, Sans?" Grillby asked from the door.

"Nothing!" Both Frisk and I called in unison as a soft blush covered both of our faces, and Frisk moved to get up as well, no longer held down by my body cuddled close to hers. As Grillby slipped from the room to allow us to change, I ushered Frisk off to the bathroom since she wanted to change in separate rooms so badly while I changed out in the main guest bedroom with a silent unspoken hope that she would come out in the middle of me changing. Maybe if she did she would understand how I felt when she had come out wearing nothing but the lingerie...but she didn't, and I was left waiting for her as I sat on the edge of the bed.

When she came out this time, I found that I was almost just as speechless because when it came down to it, it was just...her, and she was beautiful...through and through from top to bottom. I don't know why I hadn't realized it in the beginning when I first met her. I don't know why I didn't appreciate her inner and outer beauty, but now I did, I couldn't stop seeing it, and I couldn't stop appreciating it, appreciating her. I couldn't stop appreciating how such a sweet and beautiful girl would choose me out of everyone she could've ended up with...