"Annnaaabeeetthhhhhh" | Percabeth

Percy spotted Astrid at the edge of his vision. He started bouncing, and ran over to her. "Annabeth!" He shouted. She didn't respond, too engrossed in her book.
   Percy pouted, and their exchange didn't go unnoticed by the other campers as this went on. Eventually, after calling her name hundreds of times, he decided to snap her out of her book.
   Percy breathed in deeply, before snatching the book out of her hands. Annabeth's head snapped up immediately, to meet her troublemaker of a boyfriend's eyes. He smiled, sticking his tongue out slightly, before turning and running off.
   "Percy!" Annabeth shouted, laughing. To everyone but Percy's surprise, she wasn't about to kill him. She was giggling and laughing as she chased her boyfriend down to the beach. Percy stepped into the surf, and beckoned for Annabeth to join him. She did, and, as the rest of the camp watched in horror (some even were turning away, and asking their friends to tell them when it was over), Percy dropped the book into the ocean as he swept up his girlfriend in his arms.
   Annabeth scowled playfully at him, knowing her book was safe, and had its page marked. Unbeknownst to everyone but Percy and Annabeth, this actually happened quite often. Percy would dry off a piece of seaweed, and put it in her book where Annabeth was reading. He would then drop it, closing it so the seaweed didn't fall out, and, making sure it was kept dry, used the waves to push it over onto the beach.
   After that quick process with the book, Annabeth and Percy would just sit underwater for a while, until one of them decided to head back up.

    Today was a special case, however. As they were cuddling underwater, Percy turned to Annabeth. He was slightly flustered, Annabeth could tell, as he opened his mouth to say something. His eyes lit up, excitedly, and he waved his hand. Mostly for the dramatic effect. The air in the small cave he had constructed* was suddenly occupied with water. The water letters spelled out, "Annabeth Chase, would you do me the honor of (hopefully) changing your last name to mine?" 
   Annabeth read the message over and over, and Percy was starting to worry. She had taken what seemed like an eternity to Percy to think. Annabeth looked over to Percy, her eyes glinting. "Hmm... Let me thin-" she didn't even get to finish, when Percy turned his face to look directly at her. He had a light dusting of red across his cheeks and over the bridge of his nose, his sea green eyes wide and hopeful, a look of pure honesty and hope on his face. Annabeth's lips parted slightly, before she nodded.
    Percy's mouth twitched at the corners, eventually forming into a huge grin. His face was giddy, and a small golden ring floated in on a stream of water. Percy presented it to her, and Annabeth slipped the golden ring onto her finger. She looked at it closely, and could see streaks of  sea green, which reminded her of Percy. Looking even closer, she saw streaks of gray the color of her eyes intertwined with the green. Her mouth was hanging open at the beautiful workmanship.
  "D-do you like it?" Percy stammered out, an uncertain expression on his face. Annabeth titled her head up, and stared straight into his eyes. She whispered, "I love it," before scooting closer to him. Percy smiled again, and gently put a finger under her now lowered chin. He applied a slight amount of pressure, and Annabeth's head tilted up. He kissed her softly, eyes glistening with happiness.
   After a few seconds, they both pulled away. Percy nuzzled her nose with his nose, and his eyes stared straight into her eyes. Annabeth's face lit up, and a mischievous expression spread across her face. This wasn't unnoticed by Percy, who pulled back slightly suspicious. "Wise Girl?" He asked cautiously.
    Annabeth licked her lips, and asked sweetly, "Can you sing for me?" Percy froze. Everyone insisted he had a great singing voice, but Percy still disliked his voice. He thought it was terrible, and swallowed. "What do you want me to sing?" He asked his now fiancé, groaning.
    Annabeth smiled. "Anything. Just something you think fits." Percy tonight for a few minutes, before nodding to himself. He inhaled, before starting to sing,
  "I found a love, for me! Darling, just dive right in, follow my lead. I found a girl, beautiful and sweet. Oh I never knew you were the someone waiting for me." He trailed off slightly, the next part making him blush. He continued singing anyways, "'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love, not knowing what it was. I will not give you up this time."
    Annabeth blushed, and was smiling happily.
    Percy continued singing, smiling slightly. He only sang for Annabeth, which she insisted he did often. "But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own.  And in your eyes you're holding mine. Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms!
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song. When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, 'darling, you look perfect tonight.'"
  They both stopped blushing, and Annabeth was sitting with her head on his shoulder.
"Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know, she shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home." Annabeth interrupted, "Already done, Percy." "Shush, Wise Girl. I'm singing you a song, you know I only do this for you." Annabeth smiler, and Percy continued.
" I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets. To carry love, to carry children of our own." Annabeth smiled happily at the thought.
"We are still kids, but we're so in love.
Fighting against all odds," "Got that right."
Percy rolled his eyes, " I know we'll be alright this time. Darling, just hold my hand. Be my girl, I'll be your man.
    I see my future in your eyes." Percy turned and stared straight into Annabeth's eyes, still singing. She held his gaze, before nuzzling back into his neck.
"Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms. Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song.  When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful.
   I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight.
  Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms.
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song.
I have faith in what I see, now I know I have met an angel in person," "That was Jason and Nico." "Annabeth, this is a song! I didn't write it!" Annabeth huffed.
"And she looks perfect. I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight," Percy finished, beaming.
   Annabeth noticed him smiling, and she kept to a conclusion. "You like singing!" Annabeth exclaimed, and Percy looked flustered. "I don't know what you're talking about, Wise Girl!" He retorted, looking around nervously. Annabeth smiled, and tilted her head up. She grabbed the back of his head, and pulled his face to hers. She kissed him softly, him kissing back almost immediately.
  They pulled away, and Percy still looked slightly nervous about his little secret being revealed. "Percy, chill. You know I love you, Hades, I agreed to marry you!" Percy smiled happily at Annabeth's outburst, before gesturing to two twins beds in the cave. They were, unsurprisingly, water. "Percy, how is that going to-" she cut herself off as Percy focused intensely and turned them to ice^. "I made it really comfy too and-" Percy stopped, interrupted by his fiancé's laughter. "What?" He asked, bewildered.
   "Why don't you make it one king-sized bed? We can sleep next to each other." Percy smiled, happy with the idea. He had planned to snuggle with her anyways. He quickly pushed the beds together, and climbed on. It was surprisingly comfortable, and Annabeth snuggled into his chest. The couple quickly fell asleep, safely cradling the other.

~~~

How'd you like it? It was just a quick one shot I came up with, since I was listening to the song 'Perfect' by Ed Sheeran, which is the song Percy sang.
   *- I think Percy eventually figured out how to mold things using high amounts of water pressure since Annabeth needed her architectural design models done quickly.
   ^- I think Percy would have eventually have figured out how to change the temperature of water. He is ridiculously powerful, he held back the tide when he was 12.

  Thanks for reading! ~Sapphire_Starfire