Soulmate, Genderbend, Percy Jackson AU!

(A/N, Persia's name is pronounced "Per-sea-uh". Hope you guys enjoy!)

I wake up, excited, my fifteenth birthday finally, finally here. I run to the bathroom, checking my arms, legs, neck, anywhere not covered by clothes for a mark or words or initials- maybe even all three! I quickly strip down to my undergarments, having to take a shower soon and not seeing them, but then I see it on the mirror. On the small of my back a picture, initials, and two words are present. A scream erupts from my throat. Dad rushes upstairs. "Persia! What's wrong- ohhh my gods!" He squealed.

   Meet Jack Jackson. Yes, that is his real name, no matter how hilarious it is. As awesome as Dad is, my life still sucks. We have to live with Gabriella, but I nicknamed her Smelly Nelly when I was six. Dad wasn't married to her, since Mom died he never wanted another wife since she was his soulmate. He hasn't gotten another mark yet, which is supposed to happen if your soulmate dies. Anyways, Nelly is rich, so we live well besides the constant beatings from her. Dad never has any time to write or go back to college, so we're saving up our own money to move out. Hopefully soon.

    Anyways, Dad and I both stare at my marks. The initials "AC" are on my back, causing a few snickers, but they're hovering over a book that has two words. "Mine's Alex."

~~~
(Same day)
  One month ago was my 15th birthday, and I'm scared. My girlfriend, Cassie Castellan, has the words I said to her when we first met, "The hell you want?" But her initials are TG. My initials are AC. I got my answers a month ago... My words are, "Hey! My name's Sia." Four words. The maximum amount of words we can have to find our soulmate. But this is confusing. Really confusing. My initials are PJ, not S something. My symbol, which I was lucky enough to get, not, is a skateboard in a wave. What does that even mean?! Doesn't help that my stuff is on my ankle. Hmph.

   "Al?" I look up. Cassie's looking at me nervously, hands fidgeting. "What are your initials? Words? Symbol? I've been bugging you for a month and you haven't told me!" She cries out, hugging me. "Tell me. There's a chance that my initials are just.. messed up." I bite my lip. "Cass... nothing I have has to do with you." I whisper, hardly a sound falling from my lips. Her mouth opens into an, "Oh." She mutters.

    I run my fingers through my curly blond hair. "Look, Cass-" "Someone else said my words today!" Cass blurts. My eyes widen. "Wh-what?" I stammer, blinking rapidly. "His name.. his name is Talon Grace." She continues, refusing to meet my eyes. Initials.. and the same words? Now all we need- "And.. and my stomach glowed." Yup. Glowing marks. Her stomach is where her initials and words are- she never got a symbol. And that's the stamp. There is no way we are soulmates. "We can still-" I try, but she shakes her head. "I'm.. sorry... he glowed too. He asked.. if I would be free.. any time soon. I told him I was." She rushes, and I feel hot tears crawl down my face. "Fine. Then we're done." I state, voice cold, and I turn on my heel, stalking out of the room.

~~~

Three months after I got my mark..

I gently covered my bruises in concealer, the black eye refusing to go away. I scowl at it, hating the sea-green eyes that peer back at me. I shake out my long, raven-colored hair that refuses to unfrizz or stay neat no matter how hard I try. Which is pretty hard. I blend the concealer in with my beauty blender and sigh as a few bruises are still visible. Guess I have to be "clumsy" again. I slip into a long-sleeve shirt with little wave-shaped sleeves. They're billowy, blue sleeves at the top, slowly getting tighter before it gets to my wrist. A long-ish triangle is cut out of the bottom, by design, not wear, but the top continues until about the middle of the back of my hand where it comes to a point. It's my favorite shirt.
I also slip on some loose jeans, which are finally appropriate for the weather outside. I kiss Dad on the cheek, snag a bar, and run out to the bus stop, my bag heavy on my back. I get there, panting, and notice a new boy. He's tall, just a bit taller than I am, curly blond hair just reaching the nape of his neck. I glance at his eyes and notice the startling gray, jumping back slightly. I shake my head and walk up. "Hey! My name's Sia." I call. He hardly tosses me a glance. "Mine's Alex." I freeze. "Uh.. oookay, kind of creepy-"
Then he tenses. "Wait. What did you say?" "That's creepy?" "No, no- wait, what?" He starts then stops, staring at me. "It's just.. my s- Er.. just thought you said something." I stammer. He frowns. "You said my soulmate words. But S isn't in my initials," He states. I smile lightly. "Sit together on the bus?" I ask hesitantly. "Sorry I-" He starts, then seems to remember something with a scowl. Alex sighs. "Sure. Why the hell not." I grin. "Sweet."
~~~
"The Sea is on the bus!" I shout, strutting onto the bus. "Sia! Sit over here!" "No! Over here!" People shout. I grin, happy. The bus is my place to rule. Sometimes the school when Cass isn't around. Speaking of Cass... "Cassandra!" I shout, grinning. "Sia.. LATER!" Cass shouts back. I hold a hand to my chest in mock offense then look back at Alex. He's staring at Cass and I, a confused expression on his face. "But her real name is Cassie," he says, voice rising a bit at the end, making it seem like a question. "Nah, Cassandra here just hates her name." "Persia Jackson!" She reprimands, scowling. I gun, sticking my tongue out at her. "Well, go kiss Talon or something today, I'm sitting with Alex here this fine morning." Cassie's smile drops immediately. "Alexander?! Sorry.. Alex?! As in, Alex Chase?!" She screeches. I shrug.

Alex shoves past me, leaving me with a shocked expression. "A-Alex! Hey! Aaalex!" I whine, chasing after him. He sits in the very back seat and I join him. "Uh.. do you and Cass have a history or something?" I ask delicately, frowning. "I don't want to talk about it," he retorted, words clipped. I stand up abruptly. "Fine. If you're going to be like this for the rest of the bus-" His eyes widen. "Look, I'm sorry. It's just... she's my ex. We broke up three months ago." My eyebrows shoot up. "Ooh! Gossip! Juicy~" I purr jokingly, Alex leaning back uncomfortably.

I turn my back on him and look down to set down my backpack on the ground before sitting. I notice a small glow emitting from the back of his shoe and my eyes widen. "Why is your back glowing?" He asks and it hits us at the same time. "Oh!" I screech, his eyes wide with surprise. "I-uh-I'm going to go sit with my cousin!" I squeak. Alex's mouth opens and closes like a fish, and I race off.

I get to Talon's seat, shoving Cass out. "Nope. Shoo. I need some cousin time." I tell her, sliding into the seat. Cass grumbles, getting out, and Talon raises an eyebrow. "I-found-my-soulmate." I rush out. A rapid flurry of words fly out of my mouth, a few cuss words mixed in, and Talon stops me. "Perseus." He tells me. I stiffen, my real name making me tense. It's not a female name, but Mom didn't care, according to Dad. She just wanted me to have a happy ending. "Calm. Down. Who is it?" He asks me, smirking. "It's.. Cass's ex. Alex. Alexander Chase, according to her." I murmur. Talon's jaw drops. "Woah. What?!" He shouts. "Tal. I'm serious. I was, well my mark was, glowing and so was he- his. What do I do?!" I freak, tugging on my hair. He sighs and shrugs. "Talk to him. Ask him out!" I shake my head. "Nope. I'm going to ignore him because he's just going to waste my time and toss me in the trash. That's what a few friends told me most guys do. Besides you and Dad, of course," I amend quickly. Talon smiles and sighs softly. "Just talk to him."

~~~

   "Hey," I greet Alex, not meeting his eyes. To my despair, my voice cracks as I say, "Soulmate." I finish my greeting, blushing, and he gives me a small smile in return. "C'mon, sit down." He pats the seat. "So... you're new, right?" I ask. He nods, looking at me. "I.. was thinking... maybe.. I could..." I stammer, fidgeting. "Show me around?" He finishes for me. I nod rapidly, smiling. "Sure thing, Sia. Sure thing. Friends?" I nod. "Friends."
~~~~

    Four years later..

"Alex!" "Siaweed!" "Alexander!" "Hamilton!" "Gosh dammit Alex, I may love you but I will murder you if you don't give it back!" Alex pouts, looking at his girlfriend of two years. "But your panda pillow pet is soooo fluffy," he whines, burying his face into it. Persia, better known as Sia, or Siaweed depending on what mood Alex was in, was attempting to steal her pillow pet back from her boyfriend. "Alex!" She whined again. He pouted (again) and tossed her the pillow. The 19-year-old girl glanced at her boyfriend and shook her head. She cradled Peter the panda in her arms, pouting, not unlike Alex was, and their faces broke into smiles.
"Get over here, you-" Alex stated but was muffled by Persia tackling him. A smattering of giggles erupted from the two play fighting on the ground, Persia's eyes tightly shut, mouth twisted into an open smile, laughter pouring out. Alex had her pinned down, sticking his tongue out at her. Persia opened her eyes and stared at him. Her raven hair was spread out behind her, sea-green eyes shining. She leaned up, pecked Alex on the nose, and let her head drop back down. Persia did make sure to not bonk her head, knowing from experience it was extremely painful. The two stared at each other, light blue and gray light shining from their soulmate marks. This happened every time they kissed, for some strange reason, and had never heard of something like it before.

Alex let himself fall onto Persia, landing with an 'oof' as she held him up slightly so he wouldn't smush her completely. "Alex! Our class is about to start!" Persia whines, looking at the time. It was one of two classes they had together, and they were going to be late. Then, Alex surprised her. "To hell with class. I'm staying right here, with you, for the rest of the day," he retorted stubbornly. Surprised sea-green eyes stared at him, then closed. "Fine." Alex broke out in a grin. He rolls off her and pushed her flat against his chest, hugging her tight. Persia smiled, content with cuddling for the rest of the day. Probably a few kisses too. Alex stood up after a moment, Persia still attached to him, and walked over to their bed. He collapsed on it and they both promptly fell asleep, snuggling.
~~~

This is really short. Only about 1940 words... ugh. Oh well. Do you guys want another one? It doesn't really seem like a lot of people read the book I actually enjoy writing. (Sigh) Oh well. I guess I should get back to writing Arch Enemies... ugh.

~Sapphire_Starfire