Old Yearbooks | BNHA

"Old Yearbooks

Students brought in their old yearbooks to share within their respective departments.

There was laughter, both happy and embarrassed as students recalled their memories of the images in the book. For once, Class 1-A was genuinely having a nice and normal day. They laughed with and at each other at the memories of their classmates before they became classmates.

Aizawa was nested in his sleeping bag, but if one looked closely, they could see a faint smile on the man's lips.

Uraraka's voice was heard over the laughter, "Hey Deku-kun? What's this?" She pointed at a line of words under his school picture.

Izuku glanced over,

The Cubicle Season 7, Episode 19, Minute 14:45

"Oh that? Our school wanted us to have memorable quotes in the yearbook, so we can remember what school was like for us when we look back at the pictures!"

Iida nodded as his glasses gleamed, "I see! What a wonderful idea! This type of thing should be implanted here at UA also if it isn't already!"

"Oh. Ok, but what does it mean?"

Izuku laughed, "Oh, The Cubicle was a show I watched throughout Junior High. It was an older show so not many people knew about it..."

The class, who had gathered around the trio, all glanced at the quote.

Someone, Kirishima from the sound of his voice, suggested, "We should take a look at the video to see what the quote actually says!"

Izuku paled, but before he could protest, Kaminari waved his phone at the others, "Already got it pulled up!"

The class gathered excitedly around the small screen,

"Should have burned this place down when I had the chance.""
~~~
This little amazing piece of literature is being developed into a one-shot sequel from this: https://archiveofourown.org/works/13838586/chapters/32016336 : BNHA idea book by Kuroishuuha
~~~

   Izuku's face burned as his classmates slowly turned to look at him. He could feel his power itching to escape, for him to run out of the classroom and never to be seen again, but alas they all live together. "Midoriya?" Kirishima slowly asked, eyebrows raised. "I-uh- can't explain?" He stuttered, eyes darting nervously around. A choked laugh comes from the corner, everyone spinning to look. Todoroki sits there, looking away with the faintest smile on his face, his hand curled into a fist and pressed against his mouth. Noticing the others' stares, he glanced up, dropping his hand. "All I can say, is that is not what I expected."

   There was a silence, the soft shuffle of a sleeping bag just barely audible, then suddenly the Bakusquad burst into fits of laughter in some sort of delayed reaction. "Oh my g o d, Midoriya!" Mina exclaimed, eyes scrunched up tight in amusement, small tears leaking from the corners of them, Kaminari mimicking this exactly. Kirishima was also cracking up, Sero full on guffawing as Bakugo blinks at the screen. Uraraka turns to Izuku with a devilish smile, Iida loudly cautioning her not to pester him, as the rest of their classmates watch. Suddenly, a quiet voice piped up. "What a mad banquet of darkness."

    The comment only adds to the laughter, Izuku's face a darker red than humanly thought possible, as the class engraved this into their memory for years to come. "Deku-kun!" Uraraka shouts, bouncing over with her menacing grin, "What's that about?" The green haired boy splutters and makes excuses, waving his hands animatedly, when suddenly a, "Our middle school sucked; I almost burned it down once. Remember that?" Rings out, just audible to everyone. A hushed silence immediately falls over the class, everyone turning to stare at Bakugo.

   Suddenly something dawns on Izuku and he pulls out his phone slowly. He opens to the photos app, not letting anyone see, and scrolls up a year and a half. There, on his phone screen, is Bakugo in a chemistry lab with hands sparking angrily as flames dwarf the classroom. A horrified look crosses current Bakugo's face as he realizes what Izuku is about to show the class. "DAMN DEKU DON'T YOU DARE-" but it was too late. Izuku had hit send to the class's group chat and everyone's phone dinged one after another. They pulled their phones out, glancing curiously at the screen as they opened the notification. They were met with the picture and immediately laughter broke out.

    "He blew up the Chemistry lab?!" Someone shouted, probably Iida, the commotion causing even Aizawa to sit up. "What's going on?" He asked, tired eyes slowly blinking. Izuku slowly turned and extended his phone which held the picture, as he successfully deflected the attention from his last year in middle school's yearbook quote. A small, evil smile crossed his face, only noticed by Todoroki and Aizawa. Loud explosions crackled from the blond's hands as he started yelling exclaiming, "That isn't what fucking happened, shitty Deku!"

~~~~

Welp that was short but fun.