Chapter 9 - It's Time For A Break

AN: Hello everyone! It's me with another update! So just to tell you there is (in my opinion) a lot of drama between Niall and Claire in this chapter. I may have also included a surprise twist at the end! Now to chapter nine!

Claire’s POV

              I was freaking out. I was supposed to Skype Niall any minute, but I didn’t know how to tell him the news. To be honest I shouldn’t be scared. If Niall was really a good boyfriend he would understand and be supportive of me. The only bad thing about knowing Niall my whole life was I knew he could be competitive sometimes. It seemed like he always had to be the best. And depending on the situation that could be good or bad. Sometimes it could make him work harder to improve the situation or sometimes he could become immersed in jealousy. And I didn’t want him to be jealous of me. His girlfriend. Sooner or later I knew I had to tell him and this was the perfect opportunity. If he was mad at me I wouldn’t have to face him since he wasn’t coming home! Finally I clicked on his name to call him. He accepted almost immediately.

              “Hey Claire! So what is it that you need to tell me?”

              “Well hello Nialler! Why jump to that so fast. Let’s chat first! So.. how’s it going?” I said. I couldn’t believe myself. I was so bad at stalling.

              “Com’on Claire! Seriously, what’s wrong? I’ve been worried sick for the past two hours! Will you please tell me. You know you can tell me anything right?”

              I nodded and took a deep breath and said, “Well, ever since you’ve been gone I’ve been performing in some pubs and other places.”

              I paused and Niall said, “Claire that’s great! You’re getting over your stage fright!”

              “But, the thing is that one night when I was performing there was a producer from a record label there and he made me a deal. The deal was I would perform a few shows in Ireland and London and if people liked me I would get signed to his label.”

              I stared at his face. It was completely emotionless.

              “That’s great Claire. I’m so proud of you,” Niall finally said in a monotone voice. I could tell he was jealous. The one feeling I was trying to avoid.

              “Niall listen. If you don’t want me to do it then I won’t.”

              “No Claire don’t do that. You are an amazingly talented and beautiful person. You should show the world that. I say if it’s what you want, go for it.”

              “Thanks Niall. That means a lot coming from you.”

              “Your welcome babe. Listen I’ve got to go, but I’ll text you later ok?”

              “Don’t be like that Niall.” I said.

              “Like what?” He asked. I could tell his jealousy had moved to anger which just made me angry too.

              “You know what I mean Niall! Every time someone you know is successful you get jealous and shut them out!” I almost yelled at the camera.

              “I don’t do that! What if I’m actually busy right now?”

              “There’s no one around Niall! Wherever you are it’s completely silent! And it’s your bloody week off! What could you be doing that’s so important?” I was completely infuriated now. Not because Niall was jealous anymore. It was because he was lying to my face. This was one of the first times a person lying had got on my nerves. But this person was Niall. Before this if something was on our mind we would tell each other! Now he was just avoiding it! I could tell I caught him off guard. He looked at me in disbelief before answering.