Chapter 22 - Twitter And An Unexpected Visit

AN: Hello everyone! It's little old me with another update! I just want to warn you this chapter is a little inapropriate. I'm not sure what made me write this. Maybe it was my super wierd friends I was texting or maybe it's the stupid 100 degree heat! Also this chapter is dedicated to my newest fan! Not because of what's in the chapter, it's because she's a fan and I love my fans! Well, I'm just rambling now so I'll stop. Happy reading!

Claire’s POV

              Today was Saturday and my weekend wasn’t going as planned. Late last night Simon had called saying I had to come back toLondonfor a week. Of course I agreed and hopped on an early morning flight. Mike met me at the airport and explained what I would have to do over the next week. Today I was setting up a YouTube channel and a Twitter. Hopefully I had a good amount of subscribers and followers by tomorrow so I could promote the tour and the album. Tomorrow I would be filming a few videos. The first on would be a basic introduction to Youtube. The second one would be me talking about the tour. The last one would be me talking about my debut album. Mike also wanted me to do a video of me covering a song if there was time. I actually talked him out of that. Yay! Monday I would attempt to fit three days worth of classes into one. Tuesday I would be meeting Daughtry for the first time. We would be talking about the tour and film a commercial for it. Wednesday night I would appear on a late night talk show that I couldn’t even remember the name of. Thursday I would be going back the X-Factor studio to be a guest judge in place of Nicole. That was going to be really awkward considering I would have to be judging my best friends. I would also be on the show Friday. Saturday I would actually be performing a surprise show for fans on the streets ofLondonwhich I was super excited about. Then I would fly back toIrelandon Sunday for two weeks until the tour started. Quite a week, right? We arrived at the production offices around 9am and Mike led me to his office. He handed me a box.

              “What’s this?”

              “Why don’t you open it?” I tore open the box and a new laptop was revealed.

              “A laptop? What for?”

              “Me and Simon thought it would be a good idea for you to have one so you can do school work and easily be on Twitter and YouTube.”

              “Thank you Mike!”

              “You’re welcome Claire. Now turn it on and make a Twitter and YouTube account.” I obeyed Mike and turned the computer on. I created me as a user and personalized everything from my icon to my wallpaper before going on the internet. I searched for Twitter and clicked the sign up button. A few minutes later I was done. My Twitter was Claire @HeyitsClaire. I sent out my first tweet saying what almost all first tweets said.

@HeyitsClaire: Hello everyone! Good to be on Twitter! Please follow me. I can’t wait to update my fans.

After I sent out my first tweet I got a few followers. I used the built in webcam to take a picture of myself and set it as my profile picture. I logged off and searched for YouTube. I created an account in a few minutes. I looked up and saw Mike absorbed in his work. I felt bad disturbing him so I logged back on to Twitter. Whoah! I had gained like 16,000 followers in the few minutes I was on YouTube! I realized I wasn’t following anyone yet. I didn’t really plan on using Twitter personally so I clicked on my followers list. I went down the list and followed the first one hundred names. My mentions instantly lit up with people saying how happy they were I followed them. I sent out another tweet.

@HeyitsClaire: Just followed a bunch of people! I promise that I will get to follow all of you guys someday!

I then searched for some people and followed them. I followed famous people like Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Daughtry, and Taio Cruz. Then I followed The X-Factor UK, all the judges, the boys, and Cher Llyod. Yeah, I really did like her. I looked through my mentions again and saw that 10,000 more people followed me. I also saw that all of the boys tweeted about me.