The Only Exception. (7)

"I want you to promise me something." Will said suddenly, after we had pulled up somewhere and Drew had gotten out of the car.

"Promise me, that no matter what happens, you'll treat me the way you want to treat me. Like crap. Or nicely. Or whatever."

"Okay. I think I can do that."

"Thanks."

"But, can I PLEASE just know one thing on the list?"

"No." Will answered. I gave them the puppy dog eyes. "Pwease?"

"No."

"But--"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"I'll give you some candy."

"You don't have any candy to give me."

"No, I don't but please?"

"No."

"Please."

"No!"

"Please?"

"Fine! Pick a number between two and one hundred twenty."

"Umm. One hundred."

Will paled. "Anyone but that."

"You said I could pick a number! Now tell me."

"No. You'll laugh."

"I swear I won't."

He narrowed his eyes, thinking it over, then said in a small voice, "Lose my virginity."

I gawked. My jaw was probably on the ground. "You're a VIRGIN?"

"Yes." He said, blushing furiously. I sat back in my seat. "Will Taylor, a virgin. I'd never believe it if someone else had told me."

He was plain red by now. "It's not like you're not a virgin. Are you?"

"That's personal, Will. I am not about to tell you that."

"Okay then."

Drew got back in the car, took one look at our red faces and asked, "What went on in here?"

"Nothing." Me and Will said at the same time. Drew looked suspicious, but didn't push the subject. Instead, he looked at Will.  

"We're going to have to do two things at a time if we can. You'll be too weak to do some of the stuff on that list later in your last months."

Will shrugged. "Okay. So what are we doing today?"

"Some of the more harder stuff.

~*~

"Oh HELL no." I said. The guy who was supposed to be strapping us in looked uncertainly at Drew. Drew nodded. "She's going to do it."

"The hell I am! I am not going parachuting Drew!"

"Oh come on. It'll be over before you know it." Will said. "Wait, wait. You can ride with me."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because you'll gloat if I cry."

"You're holding one of my deepest, darkest secrets in the palm of your hands. I promise I won't gloat." 

So they strapped me in in front of him. We stood on the edge of the platform. He wrapped his arms around me, and I glared at the sky. "If I die, I'm haunting you in heaven."

Will chuckled. "Who that said you're going to heaven?"  

He jumped. 

I squeezed my eyes closed and let out a ear piercing scream as we fell, while Will remained silent. My stomach felt like it was in my throat as we fell down.

Finally, he pulled the cord and we were yanked up. I got brave enough to open my eyes and saw...blue.

"That wasn't too bad, was it?" Will asked when we landed. I shook my head. Then unstrapped myself and fell to my knees, kissing the grass. I heard Drew laughing at me and glared at him accusingly. "Why didn't you come?"

"I didn't sign a contract." He said smugly.  

I hit him in the shoulder. 

~*~

"What are we doing now?"

"You're not allowed to know."

"But--"

"Wait and see."  

"Fine." I folded my arms. I really didn't see the point in not letting me know what we were doing, it just sucked. I had recovered from the parachuting, and now we were in a more inconspicuous car (a green minivan). We pulled onto a road with houses that looked just like mine. That made me even more suspicious. 

We pulled up at a house that looked sort of like mine, normalcy reining. I looked at Will suspiciously but he just grinned. "Lets go." We got out of the car and I looked behind me. Drew was still in the car. "Aren't you coming?" I asked. He smirjed. "I can't handle kids." Before I had time to react he had slammed the door and took off with a squeal of the tires. We started up the driveway and Will knocked on the door. It opened to a middle aged woman who was all dressed up in a beautiful red strapless floor lenght dress. She smiled. "William." She hugged him. He smiled. "Hey mom."

"Who's this?" She looked at me, a smile still on her face, but I felt like she was analyzing my every detail. Will looked at me. "Godmom, this is Jamie. Jamie, godmom."

"It's really nice to meet you." I said, nodding.

"Well, it seems like you're not just using him for his money."

More like his car. I didn't take offense though. She looked at Will again. "Are you sure you want to do this? The kids are a little crazy." 

It hit me. I looked at Will. "Babysitting? Really? That's how I ended up with you in the first place!"

"It'll be fine." He reassured me. "That's what you think," I muttered. Godmom looked at me. "Bad babysitting experience?"

"Those little brats pushed me down the stairs. I nearly had a concussion." She winced sympathetically. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

another short chappie, I know, but its something.