Selling My Soul for His Aston Martin. (19)

Will's POV:

It was like a showdown.

Jamie stared at her mother from across the table, chewing her waffle slowly and swallowing. She reached out a hand, grabbed her cup of milk, and slowly drank, wiping the mustache off her face.

Her mother stared at the clock on the wall behind Jamie. Max nudged me. "Twenty bucks says that Jamie slides across the table and gourges her mother's eyes out by the time breakfast is over," he whispered. Clary thwacked him on the back of the head, softly enough for it not to be heard, but hard enough for it to hurt.

"Ow." He scowled at her.

Jamie dropped her fork to the plate with a clatter. Everyone looked at her.

"Alright, cut the crap Eleanor. What are you doing here?"

Her mom looked at her coldly. "My name, as of 1993, is Deborah."

"Eleanor. Eleanor Johnson." She spat.

"I told you don't call me that!"

"Whatcha gonna do about it, mommy?" She teased.

"You are not my daughter!"

It was like a tennis match.

"You know what!?!" She picked up the cup of syrup and flung the contents out at Deb--El--what the hell, anyways, the syrup spilled all over the front of her shirt. "I WOULDN'T WANT TO BE YOUR DAUGHTER EVEN IF I HAD A CHOICE IN THE MATTER!"

"Ha! I can do better than that!" She scooped up the gravy and threw the entire bowl at Jamie, who barely ducked the heavy item. She screamed, "I WISH I HADN'T GOTTEN KNOCKED UP IN THE 11TH GRADE! AND,EVEN IF I HAD, I WISH YOU WERE A BOY!"

"I WISH I NEVER HAD TO SEE YOUR FACE!"

"I WISH I HAD THE COURAGE TO ABORT YOU!"

We all sucked in our breaths. Jamie, stopped, frozen, but Deb--El--was on a rampage.

"I WISH YOUR STUPID ASS FATHER WOULD'VE LET ME GIVE YOU UP FOR ADOPTION! I'M THE REASON YOU HAVE ASTHMA! I DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO BREASTFEED YOU!"

"YOU BITCH!" Jamie hauled herself onto table, running across, looking like a goddess covered in gravy as she launched herself at her mother. Hauling hehr fist back, she punched her in the nose. Blood spilled down the white nightgown. Her mother grabbed her by the hair and pulled hard, shrieking as she moved to slam Jamie's head onto the table. Jeff scooted it back and Drew, finally getting some common sense, grabbed Deb by the arms, forced her to let go of Jamie's hair and dragged her away.

Jamie stood there, breathing hard, then turned and threw up on the floor.

My dad swore and stomped off after his girlfriend. I walked up cautiously. "Jamie, are you okay?"

"Water." she croaked. I handed her a glass and she rinsed her mouth, spitting on the carpet. When she noticed the look we were all giving her she glared. "What?"

"Nothing."

"God woman," Jeff said, rubbing the back of his neck. "You beat the hell out of her."

Jamie grinned, then threw up on his feet. He didn't lok all that fazed. I handed her the water again and rubbed her back. "You okay?"

She nodded. "I guess. You know, I did that partly for me, partly for your mom. I mean, for her to have come while your mom was fatally sick and do that." She shook her head.

Uh oh. "Come on Jamie, I want to show you something."

Jamie's POV:

"Wait." I turned. "Why are you guys looking at me funny?"

Clary cocked her head. "You said our mom was sick?"

"Yeah. That's how Will said she died. Why?"

Jeff's expression hardened toward Will. "Our mom was sick, but not in that way. Jamie, our mom died killing--"

"Wait, wait. Stop. I need to explain." There was a tint of desperation in Will's voice.

"Our mom was found in the upstairs bathtub, with her wrists slit and her eyes blank. She killed herself, Jamie. I don't know why Will would lie, but--"

"No." I said, shaking my head. "That's impossible."

"We're trying to tell you the truth."

"No." I whirled on Will. "T-tell me it's not true. Tell me you didn't lie."

He bowed his head.

"Then this means," I said, my voice borderlininng hysteria, "That you are not really dying!"

"Who's dying?" His dad asked, walking in. I just stared at Will.

"What else have you lied about? Huh? Is Drew even your cousin!?! Does he know abut this!?!"

"Jamie--"

"Don't. Talk. To. Me. I had a freaking scholarship to Juliard waiting on me. Yoou know when the last time I've danced is? Huh? TELL ME!"

"Wait--"

"And my dad! Oh my God. I have to get back. I can't believe I even trusted you."

I stormed off. He followed. "Jamie, wait, please, let me explain."

I stopped and folded my arms. "You have ten seconds."

He took a deep breath. "Drew'sreallymycousinbuthe'salsoacameramanandwe'vebeenbeingtapedthisentiretimefor

arealityshow."

My mind stopped at the words 'taped this entire time'.

"Wait, so, we're being taped right now?"

"Sort of."

"Good." And then, I reared back my fist and punched him in the face. And kicked him in the balls, for good measure. I brushed away a few tears and looked at him coldly. "I never want to see you again." I hissed.

I stormed off.

~*~

wow! so , new development, huh?

tell me if you hate it

if it doesn't make sense

or whatever

and i have something extra

up my sleeve

so don't move