•Chapter 11•

•Jimin's POV•

It's a couple days until the show and I'm getting more and more nervous. And even though I've been losing weight, eating healthier and living the dream, I'm still feeling kind of...down.

(Y/N) has been talking less and less but she has still been contributing to our concert. She's been emailing companies but so far they've all turned us down. Even when we tell them the show is free.

Jungkook: "You're a good teacher Jiminie Hyung. I've got the choreography down completely. I think our songs are great too."

Jimin: "Thanks...and the songs are alright."

Jungkook: "You okay?"

Jimin: "Just...peachy."

Jungkook: "You sure?"

Jimin: "Yup."

Jungkook: "I'm gonna need picture proof."

I sigh and look around. I'm outside and the lighting isn't terrible. Time to fake a smile.

Jimin:

Jungkook: "Not bad

Jungkook: "Not bad. Work on a better smile for when we are on stage!"

Jimin: "Will do. I'm gonna go. Bye."

Jungkook: "Bye Jiminie."

I get a call from (Y/N) immediately. I answer it hesitantly.

(Y/N): "Why fake a smile?"

Jimin: "H-How did you know?"

(Y/N): "Because I just...do okay? Why is it that you need to fake a smile? Is something wrong?"

Jimin: "It would be hard to explain to you."

(Y/N): "Sorry, I've got to go again."

Jimin: "Of course."

(Y/N): "What do you mean?"

Jimin: "Nothing. It's nothing."

(Y/N): "Jimin, talk to me. We're friends aren't we?"

Jimin: "Are we? Are we really, (Y/N)?! Or do you just pretend to be chummy with all of your...of your...clients!"

(Y/N): "Where is this coming from?!"

Jimin: "After you think I'm completely fine, are you just gonna leave me? What if I'm not fine?! What if I have a problem with all these friends you are making?!"

(Y/N): "I'm not going to risk anything! I'm not gonna risk another life being lost alright?! I believe every life is precious and should be protected! Is there something wrong if I want to save a few lives?! I couldn't do it before but I can do it now! So what's wrong with it?!"

Jimin: "(Y/N) what happened in your past?"

She is silent for a little bit before a hear a couple sniffles on the phone.

(Y/N): "L-Long story short... my best friend had a bad case of depression and sh-she tried so hard to cover it up."

Her voice is breaking the more she speaks.

(Y/N): "She put on the same f-fake smile everyday at school. I was so ob-oblivious that I didn't notice her pain. The darkness in her won and s-she..."

(Y/N) can't even finish her sentence. The sniffles have gotten longer and I can hear her straining back tears.

Jimin: "No need to talk anymore...I-I'm sorry. You should go now and talk to your other client..."

(Y/N): "T-Thank you."

Before I can speak again, she hangs up. It was probably for the best. I couldn't handle hearing her so broken. She seemed like such a positive person and she never talked about her past or anything. She let me talk about my feelings while she just listened and help me get through it.

And what did I do? I made her cry. There's a reason she never mentioned her past. Because it's painful. What the hell did I do? I hurt someone I care about. Who's next? My friends? How can I protect them?

How can I protect them from me?

↞⋆End of Chapter⋆↠