Chapter 9

Author's Note: HEY GUYS GLAD YOU ENJOYED LAST CHAPTER!! It's finally the end of September 5th and what a mess it was! oh, and for 2018, I will try to post chapters every Monday, just so everyone's Mondays can be a lil nicer :) so enjoy the chap!

Cyan's POV

"So, you got a knack for slugslinging, huh, friend?" Ally asked with a smile as she walked into the guest room she gave me, her raven black hair held back into a messy braid, her short, small figure leading against the wall next to the door. She donned a dark blue off shoulder top that reminded me of the night sky, along with a silver belt with two raven black scabbards attached to it. She had elbow length, black, fingerless gloves that were normally covered by two identical machines that were called "blasters", even though I thought they were the gun like things. Her boots were off, leaving her in her black leggings and white socks. She just came back from a day's work, evidence of the day lacing her arms and legs by red lines and bruises, her fatigued, tired body seeming to depend on the doorframe to stand.

A plastic bag hung around her wrist, it's opaque material not allowing me to see through it, so I let my focus drift away from the plastic bag to Ally. Her face was reddened from a busy day of work, sweat dripped down from her brow. But her tired, sapphire blue eyes were concerned and worried, like they had been in the store when she stood in front of me, asking frantically if I was okay after she was treated to the sight of two men cornering me, a blaster (or was it? Or were blasters the hand things?) in my trembling hands as I aimed it at them, like how I aimed it at the slugslinging teacher that kept me as a slave. I saw how she easily chased away the robbers and tied them up with her powers alone, tying them to the wall with a violet purple and raven black spider. How she gracefully moved along with the energy of Slugterra, seeming to guide the spider around, and all the robbers were tied up together with a bow when she was done. People cheered, but my heart ached at the concerned look in her eyes as she told me to go home.

I stared down guiltily at the floor, not meeting her sapphire blue eyes as I sat on the edge of my bed. Ally sighed tiredly as she shuffled across the room, plopping down next to me on my bed, leaning back, supported by her hands.

"Look, friend, I'm not mad. In fact, I'm glad you tried to defend the people, though it was a bad attempt." She admitted, placing the plastic bag on the floor as she took off her elbow length gloves, placing them aside. And as she did, I noticed a familiar, black, swirling tattoo lay on the inside of her right wrist, a white dot in the middle of the black pattern, seemingly...

Incomplete.

"You're...you're not mad?" I asked, my voice filled with disbelief as I drifted my focus away from the symbol on her wrist, looking up into her eyes. She let out a small chuckle as she reassured,

"No, I do shit like that everyday. But the reason why I'm concerned is because those guys know how to sling and you don't." After those words exited her mouth, she handed the plastic bag to me excitedly, her eyes twinkling with delight and anticipation. I took the bag and looked into its contents as Ally picked up her gloves, standing up. I reached for the biggest thing in the bag: a customized, vibrant, cyan blue, seemingly indestructable chest piece. Parts of it glowed an arctic blue, but the rest just stayed cyan blue, the exact colour of my eyes.

"And that's gonna change, starting from today." Ally exclaimed as she took another pair of gloves from her pocket and put them on, these ones around the length of her wrist.

"Get changed, those are all yours. We start your training now." Ally told me, and as I looked back into the bag, I saw bundles of white t shirts and black leggings, along with two pairs of metal boots, a holster, and a pair of black, elbow length gloves.