Chapter 14

Author's Note: I GOT IT DONE YEET also if anyone wants to design Ataro's symbol for me please do because i suck at designing! Sorry if it seems draggy (it's 5400+ words, A LOT happens) or the ending seems rushed, i'm currently celebrating CNY and going to houses and meeting up with a lot of family, so it's hard to write, but enjoy! also please correct my typos!

Junjie's POV

"You've definitely mastered the art of Slug Fu, Allyson, well done! You could rival me!" I proudly praised her as she aimed her blaster at me, her Hop Rock, Perdere smirking inside the ammo feed. A victorious grin grew on her expression as she chuckled lightheartedly.

"Who said I couldn't before, flower boy?" She questioned with a mischevious glint in her eyes, the blades of her right blaster retracting into it's steel shell. She held out a welcoming hand, and I gladly accepted it as she helped me up to my shaking feet. She had certainly improved from the meek, inexperienced seven year old he carried back to bed all those years ago. We were having a lighthearted duel, but I could barely dodge her swift, graceful movements, her slugs working with her perfectly as she saw what they saw, felt what they felt.

"You know, that name reminds me of the first time we met, when you came to train with Master Lian." I told her as we walked over to the rock where we placed our water bottles and towels. A smile appeared on my face as the fond memory crossed my mind once again, of her in a messy low ponytail, enthusiastic and curious. And how, even though there was a definite change in her, she was still that same, enthusiastic, curious, young girl I remembered.

"Oh boy, how bad was I?" Allyson asked as we started to walk away from the hill we trained on. I chuckled at the memory of the seven year old, hyperactive, defiant child as we visited the Spring Festivals together, how she she excitedly drew random, misshapened shapes with the sparkling fire from the sparklers in her hands. How she told tall tales about her times with the Shadow Clan, about how vicious they were if angered. I smiled as I walked down the path alongside her, remisicing

"You were so small, but also hard to handle. Not to mention, the most stubborn person I knew, Leo and Eli could never compete with your stubborness. But you were adorable, though, so that made up for the difficulty it took to keep you away from trouble in the Spring Festivals." I admitted as she listened on intently as her signature slugs, a Negashade called Velo and an Albino Boon Doc, Cura, sat on her head, joking and laughing away at the jokes they made.

"I wonder what happened to you in the five years I didn't see you, clearly you aren't as adorable now." I continued, but instead of acting offended, a smirk grew on her expression as she serenely replied,

"I would say the same, but you were never adorable to begin with." She stated, taking a quick sip of water from her water bottle, a snap resounding through the forest as she closes it. She tried to act non-chalant, but she couldn't hold back the uncontrollable grin from growing on her face. Instead of shooting back a comment similar to hers, I merely reminded,

"I was adorable, you just had bad eyesight." She rolled her eyes, a small smile on her face.

"Sure, Flower Boy, whatever helps you sleep at night." She responded as we walked along the path, earth squelching under our feet. A comfortable silence ringing through the scenic, beautiful forest, between the two of us. Soft, velvety mushroom trees towering over their heads, various kinds of extremely different slugs roaming the cavern floors, the Lumino Crystals darkening as nighy dawned over us, just perfect for the night of adventure we both had planned. Phosphoros were starting to light up, illuminating the cavern ceiling with white specks of pure light. A minuscule smile donned my expression as the memories of her sapphire blue eyes wide with amazement and wonder as she watched the lion dance intently, how she jumped in fright at the deafening sound of the firecrackers, how she eagerly compared the yin tattoo on her right wrist with the yang tattoo I had on my left wrist, how she practically jumped in excitement once the tattoo artist was done.