Chapter 17

Author's Note: guys i have been having tests this entire week kill me and i still have a maths and business test i want the holidays to START

Blue's POV

"Alana, you have to stop, please." Trixie pleaded Alana, tears running down her eyes as everyone gave up searching for Leo under the rubble. Everyone was traumatized beyond belief, seeing dead soldiers instead of their leader, the uniformed bodies unmoving, life absent from their eyes. They hadn't expected the bomb to be activated, they were planning to draw every worker out of the building into chasing them before setting off the bomb. They didn't plan for the deaths of hundreds.

"No, Trixie, I know he isn't dead, I know it, he isn't!" she dug through the rubble, her hands filled with scratches and grime as she desperately dug through the rubble, tears streaming down her cheeks as she ran on the mountain of rubble, digging through it. I looked down at the Hoverbug in my slug tube, the poor slug sobbing his heart out because he wasn't fast enough.

"Alana, I'm sorry, but not even Leo could have survived that, we need to go." Kord grimaced sorrowfully, his eyes filled with pain as he took Alana's arm, walking away from the scene.

"LET GO OF ME!" She screamed, against the huge cave troll, hysterically pulling her arm away from his grip.

"He isn't dead, let me go!" Her arm slipped out of Kord's grip, and he sighed dejectedly. Junjie pleaded,

"We're as devastated as you are, Alana, but Ataro will find us! You can fight for Leo's memory, but only if we leave now-" Junjie started to plead, his voice on the brink of shattering into pieces, but Alana snapped back,

"GOD DAMN YOU, JUNJIE, HE'S ALIVE, I KNOW IT! YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE CAME! IF YOU WEREN'T GETTING DRUNK OF YOUR ASS WITH TAD OUT OF ALL PEOPLE, HE WOULDN'T BE IN THIS SITUATION!" Alana screamed at him, pushing him away from her as she rushed to the debris. I looked over at Tad, who helped me out as we both searched for Leo, giving him a pitiful look. He didn't meet my gaze, tears welling up in his emerald green eyes as he searched through the rubble. And in his every movement, in every silent tear that fell down his cheeks conveyed nothing but regret. I let him be, letting him calm down on his own, because sometimes it was best to leave someone alone. The gang's words faded away into the background as the two of us searched for Leo, or at least, his body, so he could have a proper burial. But as I removed a bloodstained piece of the building I was met with a piece of vibrant green, glowing crystal. Tad saw what I was looking at, and the two of us paused, looking at each other, the look in our eyes telling me he was thinking the exact same thing I was. We quickly threw aside spare pieces of the building, tossing aside metal bars, chunks of the walls, planks of wood, and as we exposed more of the crystal, it seemed more like a dome.

"Guys, we found something!!" I hollered. The gang went silent, rushing over frantically to us, looking at the Geoshard dome. If there was even a chance he was under there, if there even was the slightest possibility, we needed to break the dome open. But as we checked our bandoleers, none of us had anything that could break the crystal. Junjie grimaced a she realized what I already found out, turning to Kord.

"Kord, can you-" Junjie started and he responded,

"Say no more." With that, he cracked his knuckles, before he brought his mighty fists upwards. All of us instinctively stepped back before those fists pounded on the crystal, one by one, the crystal weakening with every hit, until the top finally shattered. And as we peered inside, we all gasped as we saw the leader of the Shane Gang impaled by bars and poles in the stomach and the shoulders. Without hesitation, Alana and Junjie quickly jumped inside, Alana looking for a way to get the poles out of him, Junjie checking for a pulse. His eyes lit up as relief spreaded across his expression.