Chapter 32

Author's Note: YOOOO WHATS GOOD FAM!! also, make sure to check out Blue's new Slugterra book featuring her characters Reyna, Tabby and Blue Caro!!

WARNING: MINOR MENTION OF SELF HARM AND DOMESTIC ABUSE. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

date: december first, 2017
time: 8:21pm
mission: to heal.

Leo's POV

"I'm not gonna lie, Leo, I never expected this day to come." Taddius Blakk told me as the two of us walked through the halls, footsteps echoing on the floor. Two guards walked behind me, a badge with an emerald green, glowing lightning bolt on it fastened onto the right breast of their uniforms, their stature professional, strict. Two more walked in front of Tad, blasters in hand, regular slugs in the canisters. The four guards walked in perfect synchronisation, their bodies rigid, stiff. Tad, on the other hand, was totally at ease, swaggering around the place, a winning smirk on his face, a welcoming demeanour radiating off his presence. It sickened me to see his friendly smile when I knew what secrets he hid behind his emerald green irises. I knew he helped to protect murderers and monsters, I knew of all the monsters he kept here, hidden from sight. I tried to refrain myself from curling my fingers into fists, because I felt eyes fixated on them, fixated onto me, their eyes searing into my back like red-hot irons. One wrong move and everything would go downhill.

"I never expected it either." I told him with a faux smile as we approached his office. My heart thumped in my chest as I entered the large room, the bodyguards filing in, standing on all four corners of the room as Tad sauntered behind the desk, pulling up a chair before he plopped down onto his posh, cushioned seat, the same logo embroidered onto the headrest. He leaned back on it, his fingers intertwined.

I took my time looking around, honestly impressed by his office. The floor was wooden, my footsteps tapping on the wood. The whole place mahogany and fancy, yellow lighting providing a homely, soft vibe to the whole place. A circular, crimson red carpet covered the majority of the floor, a bookshelf covering the entire wall on my left, towering above our heads. A staircase was attached to the bookshelf, allowing him to climb up and choose whatever book he wished. A large, circular window behind Tad's desk overlooked Slag Rock Cavern, though, it was all industrial buildings, not really a pretty sight. A coffee table and a couch lay on my right, sitting below some framed pieces of artwork, the frames made of solid gold. As J walked forward, I noticed the slightest dip in the floor under the carpet, but I pretended not to notice as I walked towards the desk.

"This office's really cool, huh?" Tad asked as he gestured towards the chair, interrupting my thoughts. I took a seat on the crimson red and golden chair, leaning back casually, my hand dangling from the chair. I still felt the bodyguard's eyes on me, on my hands.

"Yeah, it really is. Your company must be well off." I complimented, honestly impressed by the place. He let out a sound of agreement as he walked back from the mini bar in the corner of the room, a wine bottle and a wine glass in his hand.

"Yes, we are quite well off. But enough about me." He told me, taking a sip of the dark, crimson red wine, the substance slipping down his throat. I stiffened at the sight, quickly thinking of my exercises, trying to find something else to think of, anything to block out the memories. I couldn't go back into that place, I couldn't let myself think about her, her demonic screams ringing through my mind, glass embedded in my back, in my hands as I cleaned up the other piece of that same shattered bottle on the floor.

"You wanted to ask me something?" His voice rang through my mind, bringing me out of my thoughts, and I quickly remembered where I was, responding,