15. New Years (texts)

an: ok ik new year's was like a week ago but i finally had the motivation to finish this chapter. so be grateful that i decided to do this instead of my homework.

Right now I'm at this New Years party Lafayette and Hercules forced me go to with them. They said the Schuylers would be here as well but I didn't see them.

I was sitting on the couch being a party shitter, when I get a text.

John: hey

John! Ahem.. John. He texted me! At least I can talk to someone other than Laf and herc.

Alex: Hi John.

John: wyd

Alex: At a party. Wbu?

John: ah fun,, im laying in bed

John: i might watch the ball drop on tv or something

Alex: Oh..

Alex: Wish you were at this party.

Alex: But just because it's pretty lame and I'd like someone to talk to.

John: well your talking to me now

Alex: You're*

John: what ?

Alex: It's just that you typed the wrong "you're". I just hate when people do that..

John: lol ill do better with my grammar next time then :)

John: anyway, YOU'RE at a party.. why arent you socializing

Alex: Well.. I don't really know anyone here. And I don't want to bug them..

John: ha you're too cute,, you wont bug them

John: trust me

I start to choke on air.

It was like that kind of choke when you're drinking water but it goes down the wrong way, yeah that one. It was pretty bad. Someone beside me even had to ask me if I was alright. I nod but then run to the bathroom. I lock the door. Good. That was so humiliating.

Alex: Well I'm already talking to you so there's no point!!

Alex: I mean, you're alone. And I don't want to leave you alone.

John: thanks :)

Alex: So why are you alone anyways?

John: ah well i dont know where the hell my dad is and i have no friends to hang out with

Alex: Not even Samuel?

John: with george

Alex: Jeez, is there a time when he's never away from him?

John: when he gets ready for school, when he doesn't have classes with him, when he goes to sleep

Alex: Holy. They need space from each other.

John: i rather not get in the way

Alex: Boo. Anyway, I am currently hiding in a bathroom away from everyone else.

John: don't stay in there too long.. let people pee and stuff

Alex: I will.

knock knock knock knock

Alex: Fuck, someone's at the door.

John: woah there

John: don't need to swear now do we

Alex: Stfu

"Excuse me? Are you almost done?"

"Uh yeah.." I walk over to open the door. By surprise Eliza was on the other side.

"Oh Alexander! I didn't know it was you." she said surprised.

"Uh, yeah. Didn't know it was you either." it was silent for a little.

"Yeah, so I'm just gonna go-"

"Oh yeah, I'm gonna to the bathroom-"

"Uh, bye." I bolted to a bedroom that is hopefully empty.

I turn on my phone. 11:55?! It's almost the new year!

Alex: It's almost the new year!

John: woohoo

Alex: Oh stop being so lame and just enjoy it.

John: eh,, i'll try

Alex: I think everyone is getting ready for the countdown.

John: and why aren't you with them?? enjoying your time with everyone??

Alex: Well I want to enjoy my time with you. :)

John: so you want to spend the rest of your year texting me?

Alex: God. You make that sound like a bad thing.

John: it kinda is actually

Alex: Of course not.

"10!.. 9!.. 8!.."

Alex: They're starting the countdown now.

John: yeah i see it on tv

"4!.. 3!.. 2!.. 1!..
Happy New Year!!!"

This is it. The New Year. To be honest, I never found New Years all that great. I try to treat it like any other holiday but this one is just, meh. I hate hearing that "New year!!1 New me!!!29484!" because most of the people who say that, stay the fucking same. But even though I find New year's a pointless holiday, I still try to be positive about it. I try to make it fun.

Alex: Happy New Year John. :)

"Alexander?"

"jESU- Eliza! You need to stop sneaking up on me like that!" I raise my voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry." she frowns. I sigh.

"It's fine. Just give me a warning next time." She nodded.

"Anyway, I came here to tell you that Lafayette wants you."

"Oh, okay.." I get up and leave the room.

eliza pov

I walk over to the bed Alexander had been sitting in. I sat down in the spot he was sitting. I sigh. When will he realize that I like him? Will I have to get to that point that I have to confess? I don't like confessing. I turn my head to the left. Alexander left his phone on the bed. I pick it up and looked in the notifications.

John: happy new year alex

Oh. He was talking to John. I wish he would of talked to me. We could of shared a new year's kiss.. hmm. One day. I should probably bring this to Alexander. I don't want him losing his phone. I hold on to the phone and walk out of the room.