20. Valentines Day

an: DONT CRITICIZE THIS SONG BC I FUCKING LOVE THIS SONG SM
whoops it isn't valentine's day but that's ok
sorry this is late i've been a lazy fuck

angelica pov
I can't stop thinking about the other night.
I've been in love with Alex. Since the first day we met, when he bumped into me. I've always remembered that day. Every word, every movement. I didn't fall in love with his looks though.
He was so kind to me. Most people who bump into you would apologize and leave, but not him. He helped me up and offered to buy me a coffee, but I declined. Even though I wanted to so bad. I wanted to talk to him even more. But I didn't want to get attached to him, I didn't want to fall for him. I didn't want to fall for another person. Especially a stranger. I thought I would never see him again but, I did. Which made things even harder. You were there, at my new school. I can't think properly when he's around.

Worst of all, my sister is in love with him as well. She says it's just a silly high school crush. But I know my sister. I can tell it's more than a high school crush. And if I took Alex for myself, she'd be heartbroken. Even if she says she's fine, I'd know she isn't. She'd be lying.

I-

"Angie are you even listening?" Peggy clapped her hands.

"Wha?" I shook my head.

"Ugh, of course. I was saying that you have to hurry up because we gotta pick up the guys soon for the Valentine's dance!!"

"Oh yeah. I'll be down in a minute."

"That better not mean an hour!" Peggy crossed her arms. I giggled.

"I promise." I smile at her.

-

Alex pov

"So are you doing anything special for today?" I ask.

"Wha?" John responded.

"Valentine's day dummie." I smile.

"Oh. Booo." John yawned.

"Oh my god, you hate like, every holiday." I rest my chin on the palm of my hand.

"Because almost every holiday is absolute garbage."

"False. Almost every holiday is AMAZING." I say acting like his opinion is wrong.

"Whatever. I stopped giving out valentine cards in 5th grade." John leaned back.

"Dhaw, send me one."

"Nah, too much work. Besides, are you really worthy enough to receive one of my valentines cards? No way." He spat.

"Uhm, YES way. I'm the best. I am worthy of anything." I flip my hair. John chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah. You keep thinking that." I stuck my tongue at him.

"You're lucky you're like, 4 hours away from me because I would've beaten you up by now." I joked.

"Oh really now?" He smiled.

"Mmhm." We both shared a little laugh.

"..Are you sure this looks fine for the dance?" I stand up, looking at my button up shirt with a tie, and jeans.

"Oh my god, for the trillionth, billionth, millionth time, you look fine." John rolls his eyes.

"Trillionth billionth millionth isn't a number."

"And does it look like I care? I'm literally staying home eating chips and watching movies for valentine's day!" He held his arms out. I laugh.

"Ok. You get the I-give-0-fucks award. You happy?" I joked.