34. The Meeting 2/2

an: i tried rereading this fic to refresh my memory of the plot but i couldn't get through the the first half of the third chapter. i freaking CRINGE UGHNf

if you notice a lot of plot holes and situations/dialogue that don't make sense iM SRRY I BEGAN THIS FIC WHEN I WAS IN MIDDLE SCHOOL SO I WAS A BAD WRITER AND WOULDNT REREAD MY PREVIOUS CHAPTERS
maybe once i complete the fic i'll fix some stuff

..anyway enjoy

I can't believe he's standing in front of me. I can't believe my arms are wrapped around his neck. I can't believe his arms are wrapped around my lower back. I can't believe it's John Laurens.

"How is this real? I feel like I'm dreaming? Are you real?" I say. John giggles. He has such a joyful look on his face, which makes me even more incredibly happy.

"Alex, you have no idea how long I've waited for this moment." John looks deeply into my eyes. Then, they pan down to my lips.

He starts to slowly lean closer to my face and I do the same. No way is this fucking happening. I gently close my eyes and-

"FUCK." Lafayette weeps. John and I leap from startle. Our eyes shoot back open. Lafayette is crying aggressively.

"I'm sorry. You two are," he pauses for a second. He attempts to catch his breath from his great sobs and then continues, "-are just so god damn cute! Go on, do what you were going to do. Pretend I'm not here." He waves his hands forward, insisting that we continue on with our almost first kiss.

"You're Lafayette, right?" John questioned, trying to change the mood of the moment. We change our position from holding each other to standing side by side.

"Oui, oui. That is moi." Laf says, still sniffling.

John steps toward Lafayette and holds out his hand. Laf grabs it and they shake hands.

"I'll be in the car. Come to it whenever you're ready. I'm just gonna.. I'm just gonna-" Lafayette speed walks to the exit without finishing his sentence.

John and I look at each other for a moment and then begin laughing.

"I'm sorry about that. I guess Lafayette gets emotional for these kind of situations." I say, still laughing.

"It's all totally fine. He seems really cool and a good friend." John reassures.

"Yeah, a good friend. Despite how much he loves to make fun of me." I roll my eyes smiling.

"Come on. We should probably get to the car. We don't want to leave Lafayette waiting." John suggested. I nod. John grabs his duffle bag and we walk up the stairs, leaving the subway station.

-

We're on our way to my apartment. I can't wait for John to meet the gang! Well.. I mean.. he's known the Schuylers before me, and he had already met Lafayette.. So I guess it's just Mulligan.

John and I are sitting on the back seats. I'm very giddy. I keep staring at him. Every time he turns to look at me, he grins, which makes me melt. I still can't believe this is real. Gosh, I'm forever grateful for that pen pals assignment.

Lafayette eventually recovered from all that crying and went back to his typical self. He talks with John and they get to know each other. They seem to be bonding well.

"Turtles are definitely NOT the best animal!" Lafayette states.

"They definitely ARE. They're frick'n adorable and have super awesome cool shells! What do zebras have? Black and white stripes? PLEASE." John says. Lafayette gasps.