chapter 1

chapter 1,
"lazy ass"

"and there she is, lazy ass haein

"and there she is, lazy ass haein."

as if on que, seongwoo walks through the doors of my room and lays down on my bed as if he owned it.

welcome to another typical saturday afternoon of mine.

"oh and there he is! my beloved neighbour, ong seongwoo," i rolled my eyes as i reluctantly yanked my earphones off.

i was enjoying some good music? like uhm, the music gods? btob?

"what do you want," i demanded as i threw a pillow at him.

he smiles as he sits up, "to annoy you?"

i sigh as i pull out a packet of snacks from my drawer, munching on them as i waited for him to start talking.

anyways, more about seongwoo.

he's my neighbour. and childhood friend. but, it wasn't all sweet and stuff. well, he definitely is good looking and all, but i sure do not remember him being this good looking when we were kids.

i didn't spend my whole life with him of course, that would've been pure torture, i moved away from our old hometown and to seoul when i was seven.

and we met again twelve years later, this year, when he moved next door, like he was ten years ago.

only differences were that we were older, and puberty was on his side, not mine.

he's a year older than me but we study at the same pace. maybe it was my fault he lagged behind; he decided to start school a year later because of me. he was pretty a clingy childhood friend. not that i am complaining of course. i enjoyed his company when we were kids.

"are you listening?" he snaps his fingers in front of me.

i blinked several times, totally immersed in my snack, "u-uh, you like someone seriously now?"

he slapped his forehead before he did the same with mine, sighing, "no? i was saying you should stop eating so much, you've gained a bit of weight."

"whatever makes you happy," i sacarstically replied as i shove another snack into my mouth.

right, let me get this straight, we aren't the closest of friends now.

even though we did hold hands quite a bit when we were younger.

now, i have two other friends that i'm a lot closer to compared to him but he still hangs around with me when he doesn't have any temporary girlfriends and flings.

well, to put it simply, i'm sort of a second choice, you might say.

further more, i'm not really the type of girl he would hang out with around the clock.

but, that does make me disappointed at times, maybe even upset.