chapter 13

chapter 13,

"friends?"

who would've known, dowoon-ssi would be working in this record shop? apparently he works here with a couple of friends who compose and write music too

who would've known, dowoon-ssi would be working in this record shop? apparently he works here with a couple of friends who compose and write music too. they started this shop to earn a little cash to fund their equipment.

they're like a band and he is in charge of playing the drums!

he ruffled through and scavenged for some of his favourite music pieces for me to give to jaehwan. he even played some for me, they definitely are jaehwan's style.

a smile tugs on my lips as i took the bag of records from his hands, he even gave me a discount with a promise that i'll bring jaehwan here one day too.

i think jaehwan would love this place.

"you guys compose songs?" i enquired as he continued arranged a couple of records by the shelves.

he grins and nods, "my hyungs do. i just play when they let me listen to the song."

"ah... so you play by ear..."

"mhmm," he hummed in reply, giving me a small, shy smile, "oh, you should listen to some of the songs we have, maybe you can be like a tester!"

i nodded in agreement, it felt heartwarming, i will actually get to play an important role here!

since i didn't have much assignments to complete, i decided to hang around a little longer, listening to some of the songs he and his friends have composed while engaging ourselves in a casual chat.

and the boy he was with the other day was apparently a young boy he had to babysit for the day since his mom was a housekeeper that took care of children from his church whenever she was available.

the boy had requested to take a walk outside so dowoon was tasked to do it in place of his mother.

he didn't expect the boy to want ice cream. thus the whining.

and may i emphasise; the songs he let me listen to were absolutely mesmerising, he even played one of them for me!

he really looks like he was enjoying himself greatly, he played the drums with great ease and familiarity of the instrument, as if they were a part of him.

+a/n: "i am drum."

"do you want to meet up someday?" he asks as i was about to leave.

i raised my eyebrows, "what for?"

"well, i owe you an ice cream, and you seem like a really nice person, so, can we be friends?" he rubs in nape in embarrassment, stretching his other arm out for a handshake.

my eyes formed crescents immediately as i held his hand for a tight handshake, "friends."